Did you see the new kemper updates

i hate when great apps are released for iPhone only...where i live i know like 2 people with iphones and fucking hundreds with android
at least in Europe (and Spain in particular) Android is used a lot more.

Also 99.99% of the people i know use PC (everyday use and work)

and maybe ...just maybe...that guy in charge of this Rig manager is more fluent in windows programming....

I'll say this... I've been working on OS X exclusively for the last 6 years, and just started work at an office where I'm on a Windows 7 machine for 8 hours a day. It took a bit to get used to, but now I'm just as proficient in one as the other, and I have to say that I find OS X to be far more intuitive, organized, and responsive than Windows. My workflow is way snappier in OS X and I think the way Explorer works for file management is absolute dogshit compared to Finder. Lots of small things here and there that add up to be fairly frustrating; file-copy behavior, the way folder trees are displayed/not displayed, inability to tag/color code files, inability to move files while they're open, etc.

I'll say this... I've been working on OS X exclusively for the last 6 years, and just started work at an office where I'm on a Windows 7 machine for 8 hours a day. It took a bit to get used to, but now I'm just as proficient in one as the other, and I have to say that I find OS X to be far more intuitive, organized, and responsive than Windows. My workflow is way snappier in OS X and I think the way Explorer works for file management is absolute dogshit compared to Finder. Lots of small things here and there that add up to be fairly frustrating; file-copy behavior, the way folder trees are displayed/not displayed, inability to tag/color code files, inability to move files while they're open, etc.

I'm sure you just haven't gotten used to it. I could say the same thing about the Mac OS. In the end, it just comes down to personal preference. The biggest issue for me is that it's difficult (but getting better) to get really great gaming cards for the MAC. I'm running the GeForce 780ti in my machine at home and the MAC has nothing comparable to it in a single GPU card. I could also mention that if you want to enjoy gaming on PC, MAC is a complete joke.

Both have their positives and negatives, and this coming from someone who has been forced to go back and forth between Macs and PCs all my life, it all comes down to what you want to do with them and personal preference.

There is no clear victor, that's for sure.

I'm sure you just haven't gotten used to it. I could say the same thing about the Mac OS. In the end, it just comes down to personal preference. The biggest issue for me is that it's difficult (but getting better) to get really great gaming cards for the MAC. I'm running the GeForce 780ti in my machine at home and the MAC has nothing comparable to it in a single GPU card. I could also mention that if you want to enjoy gaming on PC, MAC is a complete joke.

Both have their positives and negatives, and this coming from someone who has been forced to go back and forth between Macs and PCs all my life, it all comes down to what you want to do with them and personal preference.

There is no clear victor, that's for sure.

I really disagree. Maybe I've just developed workflows that do not exist in PC world but it's absolutely slower because I cannot do shortcuts (not key commands, shortcuts in the non-digital sense) I'm used to or move files in a way that I'm used to)

The games point is valid but irrelevant in a discussion about audio machines.

Maddox is also irrelevant, he just happens to be an insufferable prick at the same time. That and I really like how dudes who weren't involved with the discussion when it was about the Kemper decide to jump in to defend PCs that really aren't being bashed in the first place.

I really disagree. Maybe I've just developed workflows that do not exist in PC world but it's absolutely slower because I cannot do shortcuts (not key commands, shortcuts in the non-digital sense) I'm used to or move files in a way that I'm used to)

The games point is valid but irrelevant in a discussion about audio machines.

Maddox is also irrelevant, he just happens to be an insufferable prick at the same time. That and I really like how dudes who weren't involved with the discussion when it was about the Kemper decide to jump in to defend PCs that really aren't being bashed in the first place.

I've owned both a MAC and PC, and I have to use both at work. I no longer own a MAC computer at home but I do have an IPhone, so I'm no fanboy of either camp honestly.

I thought I would chime in because I've used both for so long, I really don't have major issues with either. I do game at home from time to time, that's the primary reason I own just a PC at home anymore, because of the superior customizable hardware.

But when it comes to workflow, it's easy to understand if you've primarily used one system all your life, you're not going to find an alien system that might be able to do just about everything your native system does, it just does it differently or you have to think about it generally differently. Different systems force people to work differently... Different workflows.

For me, I've spent more time on PC and when I get on a MAC, it's somewhat uncomfortable and I can't seem to be as efficient as I am on the PC. It's just the opposite for you on the MAC. It's different. You're used to being able to grab for something you expect to be there and when it isn't it become frustrating.

In the end I don't think you can say one is superior to the other. They are just different.

I've owned both a MAC and PC, and I have to use both at work. I no longer own a MAC computer at home but I do have an IPhone, so I'm no fanboy of either camp honestly.

I thought I would chime in because I've used both for so long, I really don't have major issues with either. I do game at home from time to time, that's the primary reason I own just a PC at home anymore, because of the superior customizable hardware.

But when it comes to workflow, it's easy to understand if you've primarily used one system all your life, you're not going to find an alien system that might be able to do just about everything your native system does, it just does it differently or you have to think about it generally differently. Different systems force people to work differently... Different workflows.

For me, I've spent more time on PC and when I get on a MAC, it's somewhat uncomfortable and I can't seem to be as efficient as I am on the PC. It's just the opposite for you on the MAC. It's different. You're used to being able to grab for something you expect to be there and when it isn't it become frustrating.

In the end I don't think you can say one is superior to the other. They are just different.

I get what you're saying and agree for the most part. I think it's more that when I grab for something and it isn't there I get frustrated because it's handled in a fundamentally worse way.

An issue I constantly have is when copy/pasting within Windows, primarily in Excel (don't get me started on how much I hate Office vs. iWork or Google's offerings) and Explorer, is that if you copy something and then delete that item before pasting it, you're unable to paste it. Instead of copying the item to the clipboard like you would expect, it just copies the location and then instead of pasting the item it essentially commands the new location to grab it from the location it's specifying. I like to be able to copy text from an area, delete it, and paste it elsewhere - not possible in Office unless you specifically cut rather than copy. Same with files; I want to copy an excel doc I've made as a template and paste it in a ton of other folders but remove it from the original folder - if I delete the original file I'm no longer able to copy it. Seems obvious but it's SO easy to get used to copy being a literal copy.

Not being able to move files while they're open is also the biggest pain in the ass ever, especially with so many things running in the background. With OS X virtually nothing runs in the background. If it's active, it's either displayed on the dock or the Finder bar up top. In Windows, it's hidden in the task manager in some cryptic shorthand but it may not have an icon displayed anywhere.

I agree 100% with this.

I have been a die-hard Windows user, since I bought my first PC with Windows 95, and I will give OSX that - Their file management is FAR superior to Windows. I work on OSX 40 hours a week at work and when I go home to my PC, I find the limitations of Windows Explorer to be tiresome.

That being said - That's where my love for OSX stops. It IS a beautifully designed OS, sure, but I don't find it to be any better than Windows past this. If you're building a PC with the right components, there's no reason it should be any less stable than OSX would be.

For me, I find neither system to be superior to the other, once you weigh the pros and cons. The reason Macs are preferred in the studio is because they have a very limited amount of hardware configurations, which are very easy for developers to code for, not because the OS or hardware is in any way superior.

Totally Respect you Jeff, and I've learned a ton of stuff of your posts, but honestly it wasn't a serious attempt at "defending" PC, it was just a lighthearted post making light of how things become a discussion about PC vs Mac. The thread, like many others before it, when off topic and I don't think I bear the responsibility for it.

Regardless, I think everyone is glad there's a rig manager, plus all the extra features like parallel bass processing which I think you might be able to use considering that you've mentioned you use your kemper bass. :wave:

:lol: I came to hear about kemper and what a derail haha. I still cant stand apples limitations so wouldn't use one for a main rig, but they do make some pretty awesome hardware. Re: the stability argument, the OS is potentially more stable because it is generally far less compatible and doing far less. In the pro audio world of course, that's irrelevant as everything has been osx driven for years, & so makes perfect sense.

Totally Respect you Jeff, and I've learned a ton of stuff of your posts, but honestly it wasn't a serious attempt at "defending" PC, it was just a lighthearted post making light of how things become a discussion about PC vs Mac. The thread, like many others before it, when off topic and I don't think I bear the responsibility for it.

Regardless, I think everyone is glad there's a rig manager, plus all the extra features like parallel bass processing which I think you might be able to use considering that you've mentioned you use your kemper bass. :wave:

Sorry about that man, that was two points in one paragraph aimed at two different people. :lol:

And oh yeah, I'll use the SHIT out of the parallel processing feature, and not just for bass. For clean guitars you can blend in a super compressed/effected DI for extra chime and weird octavey stuff without bogging it down with reverb/chorus. And with dirty guitars you can blend in ratty, DI->stompbox type saturation into your normal channel after eq'ing, or trigger a delay from the DI instead of the amp, etc. Tons of uses beyond just bass. I wish we could get parallel processing of two profiles but that doesn't seem to be in the cards just yet.

For clean guitars you can blend in a super compressed/effected DI for extra chime and weird octavey stuff without bogging it down with reverb/chorus.

I totally have to try this, I've been ocd-ing over cleans lately.:Spin: