Different type of Vocal swell. Need help

Ground Up Studios

Nicholas Rodriguez
Feb 10, 2012
Bergen County, New Jersey
Ok, so I've been researching how to get a certain vocal effect that I thought was a vocal swarm/buildup effect. You know, where u reverse te sample, then add huge reverb, then print, then reverse. Although it is a cool effect, it isn't what I'm looking for. In this clip at around 3:47, there's a cool vocal effect. How can I accomplish this. Its not a reverse reverb thing, its
More of just a swarm thats not reversed (i cant explain it).To me this doesn't sound like a reverse vocal swarm effect. So guys....how do I do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds reversed to me

Just sounds like a harmonized group with reverse verb. Most likely time compressed to make it come in quick like that which may also account for why it seems to have something else to it

More interesting is this

@2:35

To me sounds like reversed tape stop, cut and automated to fade in when it was in key and then chopped at the end- but Glitch and Tapestop seem too dramatic. I'm thinking Melodyne but haven't taken the time other than robot effect tutorials outside of that as far as other creative uses. Ideas?

edit: Chuckled at the name of the OP and the song I posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some funny looking haircuts. Cant decide between a mullet or an emo kid styling. Slap on some big tongued Nike hi tops, roll up the pant cuffs and put some DRI and Hirax patches on that fucking jacket son. A scarf? That kid on the right looks like a soccer mom. All he needs now is a purse. Must be windy out.

I'm done. Carry on.:loco: Yeah reverse reverb. hah