Digi 003 as a soundcard problem

krokit

Noisey B*****d
Dec 5, 2005
London
Hey guys any idea how I can use my 003 as a soundcard for stuff like youtube ect? Ive tried goin into the aux input of the 003 from the computer audio output but that dont seem to work..I downloaded mme helper from the avid site after reading something about it over at gearslutz but that didnt work either!

There's only the digi driver showing in the audio panel in windoze so now Im stumped!

Cheers

digi 003 as a soundcard on my mac sucks, it works just when it wants to.
A workaround would be to route (via a cable) the output of your pc to the ins of you digi003, then open a session and listen through that.
Digi drivers to use it as a soundcard just don't work

Thanks bro...Ill try the audio out from the computer into the aux in of the 003 again and see if I can sort it out.

Get a decent monitor controller with multiple ins, and route your computers outs into the controller and then out of your controller to your monitors. Done.

Cheers mate but the problem is there's no audio out from the computer! There's only the digi drivers to choose from and thats where the problem is as far as I can see!

Hey guys any idea how I can use my 003 as a soundcard for stuff like youtube ect? Ive tried goin into the aux input of the 003 from the computer audio output but that dont seem to work..I downloaded mme helper from the avid site after reading something about it over at gearslutz but that didnt work either!

There's only the digi driver showing in the audio panel in windoze so now Im stumped!

Cheers

I did not have any luck with my Digi003. Just worked with PT and that was it!

So install the standard windows audio drivers (are you using windows?).

I know that you can download windows asio drivers from Avid so Ill give that a shot.. then hopefully I can go into the aux of the 003!

Cheers mate

For mac you need to have the interface connected and on before you boot your machine. Then go to the audio/midi options and select it as the primary sound output. Works like that for me on my 002. Unfortunately, when you put your machine to sleep you may have to reboot for it to work again. Haven't found a good way to reconnect coreaudio after sleep.

For windows, a similar setup can be done but I can't quite remember how I got it working.

Or, you can get a quarter inch to dual rca phono jack and come out the headphone out and plug into the auxiliary input. Select the input switch and you should be good to go!

For mac you need to have the interface connected and on before you boot your machine. Then go to the audio/midi options and select it as the primary sound output. Works like that for me on my 002. Unfortunately, when you put your machine to sleep you may have to reboot for it to work again. Haven't found a good way to reconnect coreaudio after sleep.

The combo digi003/mac is always terrible... it works whenever it wants to, not when it should lol.
Guitar pro for example works always on my setup, while Itunes almost never.
I hope avid will release something better in the future but I highly doubt it,
It's years I use digidesign stuff, from the digi002 mixer to the digi003 rack, they never released something good drivers wise.

The combo digi003/mac is always terrible... it works whenever it wants to, not when it should lol.
Guitar pro for example works always on my setup, while Itunes almost never.
I hope avid will release something better in the future but I highly doubt it,
It's years I use digidesign stuff, from the digi002 mixer to the digi003 rack, they never released something good drivers wise.

interesting, it always works for me if the coreaudio app is connected. although, it is tricky to get it to work after sleep. I believe it has trouble reconnecting the device after. Something to do with not being truly hot swappable?