Digimax LT or D8?

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
Obviously like the features of the LT more, but I'm wondering if the XMAX pres are worth it over whatever they were putting in the LT.

Would love to have the FS but I can't find one cheap enough. I found a used LT for less than 300 and you can find B stock D8's all over the net for less than 300 as well.

Was after one of these myself a year or so ago. Did a bit of reading up on them. Plenty of people said they prefer the LT pre's to the D8's.

Never got either, but I was planning to get the LT after doing lots of research.

Man, a used LT for under $300? I'm selling mine on eBay shortly and I was hoping to get $400. I paid $550 for it back in like 2005...

The D8 is noisy as fuck and it really just doesn't sound all that great IMO. Extremely boring.

We just got one of the new Focusrite Octopre MKII w/Dynamics on every channel and THAT thing is the fucking tits!

My only experience with XMAX pres was on a firepod and I hated them. So I guess I'm just going to hold off and grab something else, probably more octane pres since I like them.

Call me a weirdo but I don't care for the idea of having compressors on every mic ch. Especially single dial opto compressors.

I have all Presonus- Firestudio, D8, Eureka, Hp60- and since my Firestudio randomly took a shit by randomly having some bullshit firmware error and $200 and roughly 3 months later after shitty customer service and literally no word or way to check my interface... I'm anticipating the day all my gear just breaks and I just kill myself. Other than that mess- everything does what it's supposed to do. Pres are supposed to be the same on the LT and D8 iirc

Hope that helped hahahaha

Yeah I had 4 presonus products (down to 2) and the customer service was shitty shit. All I wanted to do was replace a pot (send one to me damn it) and not have to have it sent in only to have them half ass fix it or something and they literally never got back to me.

I called them, they said to email some dude... never email back. Fuck that company.

Anyhow, I sold my HP4 but it arrived DOA. I got it back and found out I fucked up the negative and positive voltage regulators on the side of it (it was easy to do, there is a heat sink attached to these 2 chips and I accidentially bent them when I removed it from the rack to put the OEM sides back on). Welp, instead of calling presonus this time (fuck that, this thing is WAY out of warranty) I just googled around and found my parts via mouser for $10 (fucking positive VR was a bit pricey at $3).

As soon as they show up, and I make sure this thing works again. I'll be putting it back up for sale. Just kind of sucked having to fuck around with this made in china shit. haha

The only other shit I have had go bad on presonus gear is the VU meter LED is shot on both of my (unused) tube pres. It doesn't affect the ability to use the units but it is a bit of a shitty situation.

It's funny, you open up something like a LA 2A (I have had the glorious oportunity to look inside one) and you know pretty quick where some of the cost comes from.

Anyhow, sounds like I'm either gonna go B stock D8 or more octanes like I said. Depends on how busy I am this summer.