Digital Cameras???

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Does anybody here have any good recommendations for me? I think I want at least 3 megapixels. I'm not sure what kind of storage media I want. I hear smartmedia is on the way out. I'd like to keep the price around $300.

I've come across these choices so far:

Nikon Coolpix 4300 and 3100
Canon Powershot S45 and A70
Olympus C-4000 Zoom and Stylus 400

Any other recommendations are appreciated. I'm not a photograpy guru, so I don't need the best thing out there.

Digital cameras are teh gay, get an SLR 35mm instead and take better pictures.

Sorry, that's my only advice, except that Canon and Nikon make good 35mm cameras, probably good digital cameras as well. :D

Storage media really doesn't matter much I reckon. SmartMedia should be just as good as any other type. Look at price more than anything, for example Sony's Memory Stick is proprietary and probably more expensive. There should be little difference in speed/reliability as they're all solid state and pretty much the same technology AFAIK.

We have a really nice Konica but that cost more than $600 so I'm not really much help I think.

I have a Fuji A-30 digital camera. This thing is so small I take it everywhere. It's only 2Mb and all I want is to point and shoot. Perfect for concerts (Wacken pics were taken on that camera) and great for Indoor shoots.

You should only ever buy 35mm if you are seriously into photography. If you want something small and discrete with point and shoot get dig.