Digital Guitar

Interesting...

But I bet I could get quite a decent setup with guitar, effects and amp with the same amount of bucks... :eek:

Weird.

Has interesting possibilities I guess, but I'm not sure just what use it is to have a seperate output for each string......seems like all it would do is add loads to post production, maybe worth it maybe not. :confused:

Really I can't imagine what would be very useful or creative about it. :cool:

Eddies cellmate said:
Weird.

Has interesting possibilities I guess, but I'm not sure just what use it is to have a seperate output for each string......seems like all it would do is add loads to post production, maybe worth it maybe not. :confused:

Really I can't imagine what would be very useful or creative about it. :cool:

(What the hell happened to the board? Weird looking.)

Maybe you could apply different amp models, effects etc...to the seperate strings. It seems like it would be possible to have the different strings sound like totally different instruments. I think we'll start seeing more of this kind of thing as digital technology advances.
I wonder if you could use the guitar to trigger midi devices with each seperate string. That would be wild.

Mr. Hyde said:

Maybe you could apply different amp models, effects etc...to the seperate strings. It seems like it would be possible to have the different strings sound like totally different instruments. I think we'll start seeing more of this kind of thing as digital technology advances.
I wonder if you could use the guitar to trigger midi devices with each seperate string. That would be wild.

Exactly Hyde,
Different tones/effects per string..thanks to the pickups..so I ..I bet you could trigger midi with each string.

..and yea..the board looks wierd.

Mr. Hyde said:

Actually, the technology to trigger different sounds for different strings via midi has already been around for over ten years. I think Gibson's idea here was to eliminate/integrate the triggers. Probably a good idea in as much as the triggers never worked very well, but still I'm not sure what use it'd be. It doesn't play like a guitar exactly, but if one wanted an instrument like that, the SynthAxe has been around for years and years already. :confused:

Constantine: We're going thru some re-shuffling of files due to the server switch, that's why you're not seeing your flag. When we're all sorted out again, everything will be back to normal. :cool:

Eddies cellmate said:
Actually, the technology to trigger different sounds for different strings via midi has already been around for over ten years. I think Gibson's idea here was to eliminate/integrate the triggers. Probably a good idea in as much as the triggers never worked very well, but still I'm not sure what use it'd be. It doesn't play like a guitar exactly, but if one wanted an instrument like that, the SynthAxe has been around for years and years already. :confused:

I thought the midi guitars had to be used as a single instrument. I didn't know that they could use each string to trigger a different sound.

We might as well face the fact that digital gear is where it looks like things are going in the future. I am not in a hurry to have to boot up my guitar or to be in the middle of a song and have the guitar freeze. :lol: I can picture having to call Microsoft tech support to get the latest "heavy metal" patch.:lol:

Hyde, you crack me up! :lol: I could see the announcement in the concert hall now.... "THERE WILL BE A TEN MINUTE INTERMISSION WHILE WE RE-BOOT THE BAND!"

Anyway, yea individual midi triggers used on the bridge have been around for guitars for quite awhile, though they worked like crap really. That's why you probably only ever saw one trigger used for one string.