dillinger excape plan

cthulufhtagn

Went Out for Smokes 13 Years Ago
Jul 19, 2004
south of washington
just got back from seeing dillinger escape plan...thought they were pretty decent, i dig their style but i wish they had more headbangable parts :erk:
they put on a fairly animated live show though, so it was overall pretty cool

what do you guys think about them, or have many of you heard them? i get the feeling this is the kinda band that would get trashed by folks around here but then my tastes have never quite corresponded with the RC line as it were :Smug:

Oh my fuck I hate them sosososo much. Nothing to like about them in my book. Though im a headbanger so obviously this isn't somthing I would ever, ever like.

If you like eating vegan food and spazzing out in the pit with a bandana around your neck, and doing math + being lame - drinking beer - heavy metal, you would like this band.

seriously, the EP with Patton is one of the greatest albums of all fucking time

however I can absolutely not stand any of the other crap with their name on it.

KILL TULLY said:
Oh my fuck I hate them sosososo much. Nothing to like about them in my book. Though im a headbanger so obviously this isn't somthing I would ever, ever like.

If you like eating vegan food and spazzing out in the pit with a bandana around your neck, and doing math + being lame - drinking beer - heavy metal, you would like this band.

:lol:

I gave Miss Machine a solid chance once. I haven't been the same since. :ill:

Overrated . Calculating Infinity remains the best , and while they're good and shit.. they're overrated.. Music with no lasting appeal : bye bye

Miss Machine is a very strong album, i quite like it.

the EP with Patton though, fucking WOW. excellent shit. i don't care what kind of shit you close yourself off to, if you enjoy heavy music and don't dig that EP, you're an idiot.

KILL TULLY said:
Though im a headbanger so obviously this isn't somthing I would ever, ever like.
i still don't understand this mentality. when i was growing up with metal, metal was metal and that was it. nobody ever said "oh they have short hair, obviously they suck" or any other such bullshit. pretty much everything heavy was fair game to at least try out, and the only segmenting i did between bands were labelled as Good and Bad. it had nothing to do with their particular style.

this was at the turn of the 90's btw. i wasn't really part of metal in the 80's, although i did enjoy some ozzy, maiden, and a few others.

Sexy Little Otter said:
i still don't understand this mentality. when i was growing up with metal, metal was metal and that was it. nobody ever said "oh they have short hair, obviously they suck" or any other such bullshit. pretty much everything heavy was fair game to at least try out, and the only segmenting i did between bands were labelled as Good and Bad. it had nothing to do with their particular style.

You can't headbang to dillinger, is my point.

EDIT: and you have to THINK and all sorts of dumb shit like that.

i'm always amused that metal fans, a genre which PRIDES itself on being loud and noisy, get scared of loud and noisy music. :loco:

i can headbang just fine to DEP.

never heard this stuff. But from the description, sounds like music for hardcore kiddies who want to go somewhere and "dance" by imitating having a seizure.

Sexy Little Otter said:
i'm always amused that metal fans, a genre which PRIDES itself on being loud and noisy, get scared of loud and noisy music. :loco:

DEP just doesn't seem like metal to me man. Nothing about it says HEAVY FUCKIN METAL in any way what-so-ever.

Iconoclastic Tendencies said:
never heard this stuff. But from the description, sounds like music for hardcore kiddies who want to go somewhere and "dance" by imitating having a seizure.

Bingo + so much pretentiousnessits ridiculous.

Sexy Little Otter said:

Do you pause or continue headbanging through the breakdown that occurs every 12 secs?

63.jpg