Dimebag shot dead!

Dimebag was the reason i became a dedicated metal guitarist, and i don't have words for how much of a loss this is.

Again....thanks to www.bravewords.com

Following the news of the shocking shooting death of DAMAGEPLAN's Dimebag Darrell (ex-PANTERA), mere seconds after taking the stage last night (December 8th) in Columbus, Ohio, messages of condolence have begun to pour in.

BYZANTINE - “I had a friend call me last night from Ohio to tell me that one of our idols had been shot to death. Dimebag Darrell, who most likely all of us looked up to and wanted to drink with, was dead. He and 4 others had been shot and killed while Damageplan were playing a concert in very nearby Columbus, OH. This guy walked straight on stage, yelled at Dime, and then shot him point blank in the head. All the while his fans had to watch in horror. Let's all take today to put on some Pantera or Damageplan and remember the coolest, most down to earth, closest thing to a REAL rockstar that you could ever find. Long live Darrell Abbott. We love you brother. If Stevie Ray Vaughan would have picked up a KISS album instead of blues, you would get Dimebag Darrell.”

MACHINE HEAD - “Machine Head are devastated by the horrific news. Our deepest sympathy and condolences to the Abbott family, Damageplan and former members of Pantera. Our thoughts are with you all.”

KEVIN SHIRLEY (Producer) - “JESUS CHRIST! I just saw Dimebag Darrel was shot and killed at a gig in Ohio last night - that is terrible news. I am saddened and shocked. My deepest sympathy and condolences to all his family - I just mixed a Damageplan track for the Punisher soundtrack earlier this year. Oh, that breaks my heart! SHIT! Enough of the fucking guns already! This is bad.”

ANTHRAX’ Scott Ian - "I am devastated as I'm sure we all are. All I can convey at this moment are my condolences to Rita and Vinnie and the whole family. My heart is with you. Love, Scott"

ZAKK WYLDE - "We lost Dime tonight. We have no official details, and I personally am not saying anything. I want to thank Shawn Sexton (Sierra Nevada) from sdmfworldwide.com for calling Chad Lee and I in Chicago and bringing it to our attention, first and foremost. Right now, I myself, and the entire Doome Crew Inc., those I've spoken to, can't even begin to try to fuckin' assemble words in sentences to tell you guys how we feel. Give us a few days to circle the wagons. Whatever comes across officially from the family will be conveyed, as always, humbly by us."

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE’s Howard Jones - "This is insane and this is beyond travesty. This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

MEGADETH’s Dave Mustaine - “There is nothing unique or clever to this post, and what I want to say has no doubt already been said throughout the metal community, by countless others whom were more closer to Darrell than me by now. However, knowing he was murdered tonight, I wish to thank and remember Darrell for his amazing life and the gift that he shared with me and so many other fortunates. I pray for Darrell's family and friends; specifically for their healing, their peace, and their understanding of this tragedy in this time of need. I send my deepest heartfelt condolences to the Abbott family, to Darrell's friends, and to the fantastic PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN fans around the world. We must never forget his life, and his gifts, his genius, his terrific personality, and the legacy he left behind to remember him by. Darrell, I will see you in heaven and I, like so many more, love you brother. You will be missed.”