Dimebag tribute compilation?

ArtGarceau

Jan 24, 2007
Chicago
Back when Dimebag was killed I started putting together a compilation of bands doing Pantera and Damageplan covers. I was donating my time to recording bands that didn't have the means to record. Unfortunately, the timing wasn't right and the project fell flat on it's face. (The hard drive with the recordings also died a year later).

I figured since so many people in here record(and do really nice jobs)....would anyone want to start a Dimebag tribute compilation?

I'll donate my time to mastering the project and organizing all of the details. I'd just need the tracks. If everything comes together nicely we could work on getting the mechanical licensing through Harry Fox Agency and sell it as a fundraiser for some unknown cause. We could take a vote on were the proceeds should go.

Just a thought for the Sneapsters. I'm just throwing an idea out there. Feel free to offer an opinions or thoughts.

Edit: Here is what I've gathered from this thread so far....

AudioPhile777 - Domination, Cemetery Gates, or This Love
fabz - Drag the Waters or Floods
colonel kurtz - By Demons be Driven
smy1 - Walk
Gnash - Mouth For War

I can drum too. Would be worth it to hear acoustic drums rather than programmed.

Edit:

Except I would probably end up sample replacing them. :lol:

Was Richard Christy really that more of a drummer, or is it a lack of preference for him?

Meh, it's not that the drumming is extremely hard, it's just that it would take forever to learn because of all the little details he adds, like accents on rides/hats and splash hits and stuff.

Plus I'm a real stickler on myself to cover songs hit for hit.

I would think Sean Reinert's parts would be far more difficult, to be honest. Hoglan did a lot of off time wacky shit but mostly just played with the double bass parts, while it seemed to me that Reinert did some crazy shit.

I would think Sean Reinert's parts would be far more difficult, to be honest. Hoglan did a lot of off time wacky shit but mostly just played with the double bass parts, while it seemed to me that Reinert did some crazy shit.

Yeah, you're right. I've never really listened to Human much.