Dimebag tribute compilation?

Did you know Anselmo can play guitar, too? Maybe you can ask him to join ;)
Watch him shred on Dime's guitar

[ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=b6pj3Ab1IxM[/ame]

Just a drop in to all you guys who seriously wants Dimebags tone: http://pages.infinit.net/dimebag/setup.htm
That site is very acurate(Some confusion between the live and studiorigs though.).

I’ll tell you something: the magic is not in the rig, it’s in the settings. Most stuff you’ll see on the web is fake - either pics or interviews. I’ve seen a lot of guys that theoretically owned all the stuff Dimebag had and their tone was just horrible. The reason for this is that the settings are very specific, and some of them totally unpredictable (like the reverse “V” eq setting in the mxr graphic eq). There’s also the stuff that no one knows, like the mics he used when recording the randall cab, what did he utilized to dial that so-characteristic 1 khz scoop (none of the pics I’ve seen of dime’s Furman PQ4 had that scoop), etc. After lots of hours spent (on tweaking, getting info on the web, trying to contact dime’s tech to discover he won’t hand over not even one bit of info, etc), you can get very close to it, but getting the same result is totally impossible.

My place is the apartment complex I'm living in currently... not sure how useful that would be, but I can record through a DI here and reamp it somewhere else if that would be more convenient.

Jeff

There’s also the stuff that no one knows, like the mics he used when recording the randall cab

Actually I live in Dallas and got to got to work with Tim Kimsey one day for a live sound gig. He did some engineering on FBD so i asked him what mics he used with Pantera. He said it was one Sm7 slightly off-axis. fyi the studio that the album was mixed at is now the music recording school i went to! dimebag is a legend around here in the local metal scene. :headbang:

I’ll tell you something: the magic is not in the rig, it’s in the settings.. ...you can get very close to it, but getting the same result is totally impossible.

Lets not make this thread about the rigs etc(I just wanted to give a quick tip.).
And I wasnt saying that you would get exactly his sound with just the amps, but it sure is a big step in the right direction(I have also seen pictures of his entire rig with settings a long time ago.).

I forgot the most important thing.....an upload folder on my server for the files. I'll create one later today and update the thread.