Dimebag tribute compilation?

Alright...this is what I'm talking about.

I'll check in on this thread tomorrow morning (I'm going to bed right now), and I'll put together a list of who is in and what songs they'd want to do.

BY DEMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS

BE DRIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

sign me up for that one if this happens

that's gotta be the most under-rated pantera song ever

Can I do an industrial metal version of "Walk"? Or does it all have to be 100% true to the original?

I mean, Dime was probably the biggest influence on my guitar playing, but I don't want to live without drumloops and synths anymore these days :)

Can I do an industrial metal version of "Walk"? Or does it all have to be 100% true to the original?

I mean, Dime was probably the biggest influence on my guitar playing, but I don't want to live without drumloops and synths anymore these days :)

I think spiced up covers would be really cool. I'd love to hear a wicked grimey industrial cover of walk.

Depending on when... we're kinda busy for the next wee bit but i could do a folk metal cover of something with Alestorm

I'm very interested in this (hardcore fan of Pantera since childhood here).I’ve been into the search for all dime’s gear since 2006, and this is the result:
http://www.esnips.com/doc/64fed759-31ee-4843-826b-81fe5a2e2e23/pant

Maybe that sample motivates you :lol:

Fuckin hell! Dude, let's do the cover of walk together. Your tone is the closest I've ever heard to Dime's (at least on my little MacBook speakers). You'd basically do the guitars and I do the rest. I know a singer who can do Anselmo pretty well, too!

I realize this is kinda splitting into two different threads, but if you guys are for real about the Death tribute, I could probably get my band to participate. Not sure what song but I have a feeling it'll be off of "Symbolic."

That's cool.

Holy shit! I would be in debt to you if you could provide me with a gear list and some insight on how you did that.

No prob, here’s what I used:
Randall Century 200 Head (rack mod)
Marshall 1960 (Randall Jaguar coming soon : D)
Furman PQ4
Some Pitch-shifter (for MXR Flanger/Doubler emulation)
Voxengo CurveEQ (corrective eq for final details)

“Some insight”… well, I say it’s just a lot of time spent on small tweaks.

Anyway, about the project... I would like to do ‘Five minutes alone’, ‘I’m broken’ or ‘Hollow’.

Oh, and btw, I also play drums (it’s actually the main instrument I play) and bass guitar, so keep that in mind if you need some tracks :headbang:

I'm absolutely up for both a Pantera & a Death tribute, though I am more interested in the Death tribute. Sign me up for any and every Death song, I'll play guitar on it...I know 90% of Chuck's material anyways. I can also play a good Dime clone too, as I got pretty attatched to doing the the artificial harmonic whammy yanks when I first got a guitar with a floyd and can do them pretty well...not that doing so completely defines Dime, but it helps.