Dimmu Borgir appriciation thread

It's a very good album , I like Enthrone Darkness Triumphant too. Listen to Emperor , they are far better , and IMO the best black metal band ever by far

I like them too. I'm quite new to the Black Metal genre cause I used to have prejudices. Arcturus (although not really BM any more...) has helped me to get closer to that genre. I really like a lot of stuff now, especially symphonic, atmospheric Black Metal ("true" BM fans usually say thats not BM anymore...). I just listened to the new Naglfar album and I even liked that one. Stuff like Immortal is still a bit too "raw" for my taste though.

I know the 3 latest Dimmu Borgir albums, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Spiritual Black Dimensions and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and I like them all. Very intense and emotional music imo. I especially like the orchestra on PEM!

I like the new one, but I'm pretty bored with the other albums, and why do they have to have those shitty vocals?!!! I can't stand that crap, not anymore man. It's a shame because I saw em live and it was a good show, other than the shreiking vocals. I used to think Dani Filth was a pioneer. Well, he's on par with how Phil Anselmo is for Nu-metal. Other than that, Dimmu has some really kick ass material.

I've read that some black metal band burnt down a church and killed someone?YIKES!!
Can someone tell me who ?

was burzum part of the black whatever? I know it involved emperor and 2 other bands, and they burned a few churches and shit, then one dude got mad at some bassist and killed him. sorry... that's kinda vague, plus it's 1:30 in the morning here and i am tired. Anyway, that single incident gave black metal a pretty bad name... i don't think it's completely justified. though church burning and murder is pretty messed up...

As far as I know some guys from Emperor did time for church arson, and Varg from Burzum killed one of the guys from Mayhem...?
Back on topic, Dimmu kick ass. PEM is one of my top 5 albums of all time!

yeah there was a lot of shit going on in the norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s. Theres really too much info to get into but basically Count Grishnackt (Varg Vikernes) of Burzum stabbed and killed Euronymous from Mayhem because they had some sort of rivalry in this underground organization (I use that term loosely because it wasn't very well organized supposedly) called the Inner Circle which was led by Euronymous and was dedicated to overthrowing the Christian establishment in Norway. I think part of the strife was because Euronymous used Satanism to fight Christianity while Grishnackt felt Satan was a Christian creation and was useless in trying to overthrow Christianity, so he had more of a Wotanist or Odinist approach. Really interesting stuff, Ive seen at least one book written about it and I'd like to read it sometime.

Yep, there's also the Dissection shit. Jon (leader of Dissection) killed a gay guy because he was hitting on him and touched his hair :lol: