Dimmu Borgir....

I don't like Dimmu and lot's are comparing them to Emperor, another band I could truly not give a fuck about. I like BM, but these two bands, as much as they are a big part of it, I simply do not like. They just aren't, I dunno, destructive or evil enough. That's a terrible reason to give for a valid opinion, but it's all I can offer at the moment. A lot will probably disagree with me here, but I think it's because they sound a little too proggy for my tastes. When it comes to BM, I love the completely raw and nasty shit, and these two bands do not satisfy that taste at all.

Originally posted by [KOTNO]Narrot
the old stuff is cool...the newer stuff is...well....not my stuff...haha....

Narroty! Really? I love the new stuff... old dimmu is :yuk: terrible. blastblastblastblastkeyboardkeyboardRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHblastblastSATANSATANKILLINGBABIESRAAAAAblastblastblast.

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia is amazing... i'm in a PEU shirt now, and i've got it playing... :eek: Blessings upon the throne of tyranny :headbang:

I like dimmu a ton.. and I also love emperor.. different bands.. PEM is fuckin tough.. EDT is also rockin.. the DVD is very impressive.. they sound very good live.

Originally posted by Fyhed
dont listen to Dimmu, listen to Emperor instead...

Dimmu suck willies, and the guitar work?

SHITE!

I like Emperor a lot too. Although the production on their CDs isn't always the greatest, they do have some WILD songs for sure! I dunno though, something about the way Dimmu is presented is just WAY cool.

Dimmu rocks. As far as Emperor, I have heard only one album, the newest "Promethius" and it is stinky shit. Puts me off buying any other Emperor releases.

how is screechy fingernails on a chalkboard and frustratingly steady banging on a worn-out snare, better than coherent rythms and innovative soundscaping? i mean for those of you who don't particularly like getting your eardrums stitched up every week or so...

i tried to give emperor an honest chance, but for me there's just no calling that "music."

Originally posted by inferenzum
how is screechy fingernails on a chalkboard and frustratingly steady banging on a worn-out snare, better than coherent rythms and innovative soundscaping?

I feel sorry for you man, you just can't see the genius of it....

It's a nice album. But a shame that they use a drumming machine on that first song (not the intro Fear & Wonder). I mean, if Nicolas Barker could play that fast, he could use the drums as a time machine and be faaar ahead of our time:D

Btw, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is the best album they've done, I just love "In Death's embrance"