Dimmu Borgir - Interdimensional Summit (new track)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I am a late comer to Dimmu - I don't generally get into the satan/devil schtick. That said, I have a guilty pleasure/sweet tooth for their output the last 3-4 albums.

I am digging this one, thoughts?

Just heard it for the first time myself. Was really hoping for something a bit less nightwish from these guys. Not my cup of tea. Alltho, i guess this might be the ballad amongst the new material. Never know. Waiting for the album to see.

I used to listen to them during the early high school years, they must've been the first black metal band I listened to, along with Cradle. I remember one time I was in a classroom and the cool guys from the class were standing in front of some posters. There were two posters on the wall, one was large as fuck and there was pictures of various weed varieties, each with a name and a picture, there must've been like 50-100 pictures of dried weed (something like this). On the second one, there was Dimmu Borgir with their corpsepain and shit.

I wanted to hang out with the cool guys so I approached them and said "ha - Shagrath". They were confused, "wait, where, which one?" as they thought it was some weed model they haven't smoked yet and for a brief second considered me some cool af weed expert, and started searching for it on the weed poster, until after a while they asked "dude which one is it?" and I pointed at the guy with a corpsepaint on the other poster and they laughed at me for like ten minutes.

I mean, black metal was edgy enough to be appreciated by the cool guys, but drugs were much cooler already. I was considered super nerdy to know the nicknames of some men with a makeup on.

I'll tell you what though, that solo was cool as shit actually!

I actually like the song to be honest. I'm sure there are better ones on the album though.

Reactions: MetalAges