Dimmu Borgir

grey knight

Etheraven
Oct 31, 2007
Siikajoki
Alright, I found out that there's no thread about this meloblackthingmetalband pretty much all you know, so I had to put one up.

Well but I HAD some stuff on my mind,

Has anyone else noticed that Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, is just overrated shit? (especially Spellbound) there's pretty much nothing interesting there, only some annoying keyboard stuff and etc.
This is fourth album I bought from them, For all tid is much shittier, but that was their first one, and all the lyrics are in norwegian. Death cult armageddon was pretty good, but not as good as In sorte diaboli, which imo is one awesome album.

wouldnt call them overrated. i mean, thatd mean people say theyre better than they are, and as far as i know no-one considers them to be like the best norwegian black metal (ish) band or anything. theyre pretty good at the symphonic thing they got going, but theyre kinda past their peak.

This band is ok, it's pretty much girly/comic book black metal. I like Enthrone Dakness Triumphant a lot, it's fun.

btw In Sorte Diaboli is awful.

dimmuburger.png

Someone had to do it.

I have never really been into them all that much but I have friends who will spin Death Cult Armageddon, Puritanical Euphoric Misanthopia, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant and any other one of their albums with three completely unrelated words strung together in an excuse for an album title. I can tolerate them at least - it could be Trivium or In Flames.

Their latest album is pretty much the worst. Otherwise, you must talk about "music quality" or "boring"... black metal is all about kvlt ! Enthrone is kvlt. But again it's far from Stormblast (the first one, not remastered) and For All Tid. Enthrone is the My Arms, Your Hearse of Dimmu Borgir.

But I do really like Puritanical and Death Cvlt.

pem was their last "good" album. everything else has been basically shit, not even vortex or hellhammer can save this band. vortex is a waste in dimmu tbh, his melodies get worse and worse every album. then again the money must be halfway decent (better arcturus I'm assuming). would rather see him back in borknagar or in a reformed arcturus tbh.

the only dressed up band I once like was Gwar, but that was loads of years ago.. the only decent blackmetalist is Isahn.

I liked them until their newest album, talk about a mediocre album.
Otherwise for wat they do (symphonic dark metal) I think they are pretty good. Lately a little too much focus on their theatrics but thats not so bad.