Dimmu Borgir....

I think PME is a pretty decent album. Wears a tad thin after a while, but good nonetheless.

Haven't seen the DVD yet but a friend of mine claims he's going to get it soon so maybe then...

Everything I've heard off of PEM rocks. It's on my "to get" list as well.

I hope to get the DVD soon as well. Kinda risky only being a recent fan of them, but why the hell not?

PEM is awesome, I just wish they'd done a few more songs like "puritania"... but that's just me. Another cool band, although not much like DB is December Wolves

When I was heavy into black metal I checked out Dimmu, but I never really liked them. They're unique in they're genre, I'll give em that, but then again with their recent release, I'm not too sure they would be considered BM anymore. They're okay I guess...

I like all their stuff, and I probably like Stormblast and PEM the best.

The DVD is really good too, lots of stuff on it (including some older live songs, which was great to see) Well worth it!

Dimmu is a great band, I especially like their PEM and EDT albums. PEM kicks your ass from start to finish and the production is top notch, I especially like the song "Blessings upon the throne of tyranny". EDT is the more melodic of the two and the keyboarding sequences sound really cool, "Entrance" is one of their best songs.

I agree with Inferenzum. I have two Emperor albums and I hate them both. On the other hand I have two Dimmu Borgir albums and I really like both of them.

The DVD is well worth checking out, even if you're only familiar with PEM. It's got plenty of PEM tracks as well as a reasonable selection from the previous two. Not much for fans of 'For All Tid' or 'Stormblast'. All in all a very good dvd, although they can be pretty immature at times and sometimes not in a funny way.

DB's last three albums are all amazing as far as I'm concerned. Definitely a great band and they only seem to be getting better.

Dimmu definately kick ass, and are one of my fave bands.
But they are not even comparable to Emperor.
Dimmu are tight musicians and manage to achieve quite an atmosphere while at the same sounding heavy, but there music lacks the maturity and vision that is present in Emperor's music. Particularly the last 2 albums.
Isahn's sense of composition and the way he approaches it still blows me out.
Simply put, the slay!!