Dimmu Borgir's SHAGRATH to appear on new KAMELOT album "The Black Halo"...

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
KAMELOT have finalized the track listing for their new album, "The Black Halo", due on February 28, 2005 through SPV Records. The follow-up to last year's "Epica" was produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro at Gate and Pathway studios in Germany and features guest appearances by Shagrath (DIMMU BORGIR), Jens Johansson (STRATOVARIUS), Simone Simons (EPICA), Mari (MASQUERAID), as well as the KAMELOT choir, featuring Herbie Langhans (SEVENTH AVENUE), Amanda Somerville-Scharf, Miro, Gerit Göbel, Thomas Rettke (HEAVEN'S GATE) and Elisabeth Kjaernes, among others.

"The Black Halo" track listing:

01. March of Mephisto
02. When the Lights Are Down
03. The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
04. Soul Society
05. Interlude I: Dei Gratia
06. Abandoned
07. This Pain
08. Moonlight
09. Interlude II: Un Assassinio Molto Silenzioso
10. The Black Halo
11. Nothing Ever Dies
12. Memento Mori
13. Interlude III: Midnight - Twelve Tolls for a New Day
14. Serenade

In a recent interview with a Spanish metal magazine, KAMELOT mainman/songwriter Thomas Youngblood spoke about about the lyrical themes on the new CD.

"This will be the second and final segment of the 'Epica' story," he revealed. "However artistically it is a different album altogether. The cover is different, the songs are heavier and the subject is definitely on the darker side of the story. Much like the second part of 'Faust'. Lyrically, there is a finalization of the story and conclusion of the saga. There are many parallels to our own lives today. Religion is a big theme on this new album one cannot deny the role that religion has on current events around the world.

"We knew that we would record the second part of the 'Epica' story," he continued. "The question was whether to do it now or later. Since the new songs on the album are really a different album from 'Epica' we thought to do it now. The story line continues into the main character Ariel's descent into the dark side of life. We are always changing and evolving with the sound and artwork, so the next release will reflect that. We have a black metal vocalist [DIMMU BORGIR's Shagrath] play the part of Mephisto. Logically."

As previously reported, KAMELOT will embark on the "Black Halo Over Japan Tour 2005" beginning on April 19. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Apr. 19 - Osaka, JPN @ TBA
Apr. 21 - Tokyo, JPN @ Ebisu Liquid Room
Apr. 22 - Tokyo, JPN @ Ebisu Liquid Room
-------------------------------------------
This is some very awesome news. I can't wait to hear the outcome. This is one of my most anticipated releases of 2005. Epica was amazing and the thought of this being better is just mind blowing.

The Grimace said:
Jesus fucking christmas.... first Cronos guests on that faggotous Hammerfall thing, now Shagrath is fingering flower metal butthole. What the hell is going on?

Well, seeing as Venom sucks now and the fact that Dimmu Borgir were never good in the first place....no surprises here.

You fucking enjoy DB you cocksucking liar. Also, Venom now is not horrible, it's just not 'Venom.' Just like post Ozzy and Dio Sabbath.

I think this guest appearance thing sucks.

Yeah, and I like Kamelot AND Dimmu Borgir, so what now?

I can stand Dimmu Borgir a few times a year, especially live, but I can't get into Kamelot.

I don't like at all Kamelot. DB had its good moments on PME and I enjoyed this disc quite a lot. The rest is more bahhh.

Kamelot really are rather flowery, but they have a nice 'epic' feel that I can tolerate. I wouldn't call them balls-out power metal by any stretch of the imagination, though...

I thought they were American, but that wouldn't make any sense.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I thought they were American, but that wouldn't make any sense.

They are American, which is why they're so much worse than the Euro bands. At least over there you can make money playing gayboy metal, but what's a US bands' excuse?

Ok, so I don't hate Kamelot as much as Rhapsody and those fucks, but only because they sound at times like Blind Guardian (the only, I repeat only power metal band I like.)

What. The. Fuck?!

I thought American power metal was stuff like Jag Panzer, Queensryche, Fates Warning, and the stuff like that. Raw, unbridled, in yo' face.

I mean, I like Kamelot, but that shit's not supposed to be from this continent, y'know?

I thought Kamelot was from Europe too. Weird. Their singer sounds like Sylvain Cossette. Unfortunately, no one on this forum knows who this guy is.

Sylvain Cossette, some kind of pretty old pop singer in Quebec. He has the same voice and his songs terribly suck.