Dio vs. Sabbath

• Dio

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Sabbath (dio era)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • both supremely kick ass

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
I gonna say both because I loved all the Sabbath albums with dio but I still like
the Ozzy era sabbath better and I loved the first 3 dio albums. Holy Diver is
one of my favourite Metal albums of all the times I used to have it on vinyl!
And it got plenty of spins back in the and I wore out my Last In Line and
Sacred Heart Cassettes in no time at all. Along with Rainbow there is no doubt that
along with Sabbath, Zepplin, Cream, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Mountain, Blue Cheer
and so on that he was one of the forefathers of the metal movement!

No-Mercy said:
alright this is something i've been getting different opinions on for a while....do you like sabbath (dio era) or dio more? i'd defenetly say dio....or as some rape loving kid in my class would say "die-o"...fuckin retard :p

I hope the kid liked rap , not rape, actually I hope he liked neither , hahhahaha. I have heaven and hell on vinyl and its a damn good record.

Dio-era Sabbath by far. I don't think that his solo album output can touch any of those three studio he did with Iommi. In fact, I rarely listened to solo Dio when it was out because I thought (at the time) that a lot of it was cheesy. I like it more nowadays but still the Sabbath stuff owns it bigtime.

I like 'em both. I like most Sabbath that isn't Ozzy Sabbath. There's tons of good material that is Ozzy era (obviously) but it would have been better had Dio been there from day 1. :) And "Born Again" is a Sabbath must have, IMO. :headbang:

Walter_Langkowski said:
Are you saying you like solo Dio more or that you're Dio's biggest fan? :err:

im saying i like solo dio more, hah...i dont think im up there compared to some other dio fans ive met.

Thorngren said:
i think we're forgetting that Rainbow with Dio owned both Dio Sabbath and Dio solo

i dont know, for me rainbow and dio solo are close. but alot of rainbow/sabbaths stuff i liked better when i heard dios solo band play it.

Wheezer said:
I like 'em both. I like most Sabbath that isn't Ozzy Sabbath. There's tons of good material that is Ozzy era (obviously) but it would have been better had Dio been there from day 1. :) And "Born Again" is a Sabbath must have, IMO. :headbang:

WOW one who sees it the same way as I do :Spin:

Dio = Dio :worship: :D

-Torben-

I have to call it a draw. There are some Dio releases that are flat out boring, but I think HD compares to H&H and TLiL is comparable to TMR. I also think Dehumanizer and Strange Highways are comparable as well. Of course Dio has more releases than Ronnie era Sabbath.

Bryant

Wheezer said:

Just for the record "Born Again" is with Ian Gillan :D

I'd say Dio .... if we were talking Ozzy's Sabbath vs. Dio, there would be no contest. Seeing as Dio only did three records with Sabbath, his solo stuff stands out .... thats what i think anyway............................