Which Dio era Sabbath album do you prefer?

Which Dio era Sabbath album do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't own Live Evil, I am not huge into live albums, but I keep feeling like I should buy it. Is it a must have in the Dio-Sabbath collection???

I don't own Live Evil, I am not huge into live albums, but I keep feeling like I should buy it. Is it a must have in the Dio-Sabbath collection???

Honestly, I don't own that one myself. Good question though. It's a little hard to get in stores, since the Black Sabbath stuff is dominated by the Ozzy era catalog.

~Brian~

:headbang: This was hard because I own all of them. 2 more days til HEAVEN AND HELL. Official H&H day, I will be taking off of work early :kickass:

Thanks for suggesting tonight's DVD viewing here at Casa de Pellaz, Nathan! :headbang:

It took bloody forever for Heavy Metal to come out on DVD, too....

YAY! SOMEONE GOT THE REFERENCE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I've owned Heavy Metal on every format available -- first I had the VHS, two different versions of it, then I had it on laserdisc (back when they were cool ... ooops, did I just date myself?) and now I've got the DVD. I've also shown it twice at my movie theatre so I've seen it on 35mm film also.

I guess I like the film ... I really like the film!

So what's your favorite sequence?

YAY! SOMEONE GOT THE REFERENCE! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The day metalheads don't recognize Heavy Metal will be a sad day indeed!

I remember seeing it at Midnight Movies here back in the old days....they'd always run Rocky Horror Picture Show (with a live cast), but you'd also see, on a rotating schedule, Pink Floyd's The Wall, Wizards, Fire and Ice, The Song Remains the Same, Fritz the Cat, and of course, Heavy Metal. Ahh, the good ol' days. For you Atlantans, I'm referring to the old Akers Mill Theater near Cumberland Mall......

I think I've owned Heavy Metal on every format available -- first I had the VHS, two different versions of it, then I had it on laserdisc (back when they were cool ... ooops, did I just date myself?) and now I've got the DVD.

I've had a few bootleg copies of it over the years since it was looong delayed. I have the vinyl double-disc soundtrack as well as the CDs (which also took forever to clear licensing and be released.) Awesome soundtrack! Has one of my favorite BOC songs, too, that they never play live. :(

I've also shown it twice at my movie theatre so I've seen it on 35mm film also.

I guess I like the film ... I really like the film!

So what's your favorite sequence?

The last one with Taarna, but it's also the longest segment, so it's not really fair. I like 'em all, and quote large parts of the movie fairly often. :D

The day metalheads don't recognize Heavy Metal will be a sad day indeed!

AGREED!!!

The last one with Taarna, but it's also the longest segment, so it's not really fair. I like 'em all, and quote large parts of the movie fairly often. :D

Yeah that's my favorite too, especially the ridiculous sequence where she bathes and takes her time getting all dressed up while the people that she's supposed to be protecting are getting slaughtered. Still though she's pretty hot ... for a toon. :lol:

I cut my teeth doing film in college and Heavy Metal was one of our midnight movies ... sold the joint out, 230 some odd seats ... those were fun days doing film on campus! :zombie:

Well, looks like it's Heaven and Hell by a landslide. That's interesting to me. Eventhough, I think Mob Rules is a stronger release, it looks like I'm in the minority. Thanks for all your answers!:kickass:

~Brian~

I should have clarified and said 'metalheads over the age of 20,' youngster! :lol:

Seriously, if there's a DVD player hooked up to that kewl new TV in the studio lobby, let me know. I'll bring the DVD down. It's a true classic of metal and animation.

I would definitely have to say Mob Rules too. A great solid album. They played quite a few songs from that album live too. Dio sang like he was 21. Didnt miss a note. Very impressive. Not to mention, Dio as well as Vinnie Appice the drummer, were such cool guys. I had the priveledge of hanging out with them til about 2am backstage after the show Wednesday, May 2nd.

mikeandronniejamesdio52qo4.jpg

mikeandvinnieappice5207eg6.jpg