WHICH ANTHRAX DO YOU PREFER?

Which version of Anthrax do you prefer?

• Joey Belladonna Era (The Island Years)

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • John Bush Era

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I completely 100% agree with what you just said. Belladonna is Anthrax to me. From the very first song I ever heard (Metal Thrashing Mad), which had his voice, I've always identified him as Anthrax. All of the truly great songs that Anthrax has in their library has him doing the original vocals and Among the Living is one of the best metal albums of all time.

I love ARMORED SAINT too, but I just didn't like the direction that Anthrax moved in under Bush.

Me & Joey Belladonna before his solo appearance in Minnesota, 3/24/2007

The dude just doesn't age does he?

~Brian~

Belladonna defined the band but I think they went as far as they could go with him. Bush gave the band a fresh start, new sound. I also liked Bush from having grown up with Armored St. With Bush they were/are more structured, pushed to do more musically.

Well, it looks like Belladonna wins by a landslide. In a way, that kind of surprises me. For some reason I thought more people would dig the John Bush era moreso. Anyway, I find these polls interesting, so I appreciate the participation! :kickass:

~Brian~

I prefer the Joey Belladonna era Anthrax. Spreading The Disease is my favorite album by them. As for the John Bush era Anthrax, I did like 'The Sound of White Noise' alot, but I stopped listening to this band after that album.