• I'd prefer a new Sabbath studio disc with Ozzy

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
It sounds like Ozzy is completing a new solo CD, and of course Dio is touring with the Heaven and Hell Black Sabbath lineup. I won't believe any new Sabbath record with Ozzy is in the works until I see it on the store shelves. That's quite fine with me, as I'd MUCH prefer to see a new Sabbath disc with Dio and not Ozzy. I just don't know if it's ever going to happen. Hopefully the H&H tour will go well, the egos will be kept in check, and Dio and Iommi will realize that they will be more successful working together than apart (e.g. Dickinson/Harris).

Ozzy is done. Has been for a while now. He's just a caricature . . . a burnt out reality TV star. Dio is still a factor in the metal world.

Steve in Philly

I think Dio will win by a land slide on this forum and several others. Overall though I dont know if people would like that alot. There are just too many people that think Sabbath with Ozzy is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring for Ozzy. When I think of Black Sabbath I can only feel Ozzy's voice as correct for what defines their complete sound. Ozzy's pretty old, and I for one admire the fact that he still loves to go out on stage and run around and kick ass for everyone. I think Ozzy has one of the most underrated voices in metal: instantly likeable, warm, and approachable. He gave metal a dimension that not only created the 'dark' side with Sabbath, but the 'light' side with Rhodes and Lee that honestly had a lot to do with metal being able to expand into power metal type genres that were uplifting and triumphant.

I'll go ahead and throw my hat in the ring for Ozzy. When I think of Black Sabbath I can only feel Ozzy's voice as correct for what defines their complete sound. Ozzy's pretty old, and I for one admire the fact that he still loves to go out on stage and run around and kick ass for everyone. I think Ozzy has one of the most underrated voices in metal: instantly likeable, warm, and approachable. He gave metal a dimension that not only created the 'dark' side with Sabbath, but the 'light' side with Rhodes and Lee that honestly had a lot to do with metal being able to expand into power metal type genres that were uplifting and triumphant.

Underrated? As a Singer, I believe he is quite overrated, not underrated.

As for the poll, no contest, DIO!!!