BLACK SABBATH Reunite For Album, Tour

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
http://www.bravewords.com/news/167248 :

With rumours circling the internet this week, it seems now this is official. According to Sundaymercury.net, the original BLACK SABBATH line-up is getting back together.

Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward have begun rehearsing for a tour and new studio album.

In June this year vocalist Ozzy and guitarist Iommi wrote new material for a record that will be released next year.

‘‘We’re really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we’ve been writing is really good,’’ said 63-year-old Iommi. ‘‘It’s more back to the old original stuff.’’

He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.

‘‘It’s all been very hush-hush. Ozzy’s been the worst at trying to hold it back. He’s doing a lot of TV and he’s being asked stuff about a reunion and he’s going ‘well I never say never’.

‘‘He told me, ‘I don’t know what to say’.’’

Iommi's last version of Black Sabbath, called HEAVEN & HELL, came to an end when singer Ronnie James Dio died in May 2010.

‘‘I had umpteen number of people on the phone asking if I fancied getting together with a band but I couldn’t tell them what I was doing. I just had to say I was busy.’’

Sorry but no thanks. Don't need to hear Iommi's epic riffs ruined by cheaply autotuned vocals.
This comment pretty much begins and ends the conversation as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather see Tony and Geezer doing something else...anything else...

If anything, the fact Ozzy can't sing anymore and is doing this CD is just a sharp salting-the-wound reality that Dio is gone. :(

Ozzy Sabbath > Dio Sabbath any day. I don't care how badly Ozzy sings now, they'll do studio magic on him. This basically means a whole new album of Iommi riffs. How anyone can't be excited about that is beyond me.

I will go anywhere and pay any price to see this.

I agree that the og Ozzy Sabbath is in my opinion the band's best period, this is probably going to suck miserably I think. Let's be reality.

I agree that the og Ozzy Sabbath is in my opinion the band's best period, this is probably going to suck miserably I think. Let's be reality.

Ozzy probably will but the other 3 members can still out play dudes half their age IMO. There will be enough to keep Ozzy in line....hopefully.

If this is suppose to be shocking news...then I'm not shocked. Personally, I'd rather see a reunion with Tony Martin, but where's the money in that? :rolleyes:

~Brian~
I'd rather see the Born Again lineup with Ian Gillan. They would make a fortune. That said, Aeonic is right about Ozzy not being able to sing anymore.

Sorry but no thanks. Don't need to hear Iommi's epic riffs ruined by cheaply autotuned vocals.

Well, with the studio magic, maybe Ozzy can still do the job in the studio. But live, the chances are that it will be painful...For the guys, to switch from Dio to Ozzy on the stage will be a huge clash in term of quality...

Damn it, if Dio was still there, we would be talking about the 2nd Heaven & Hell album as well as a new tour...:mad:

yeah this sucks. We already had a reunion tour back in 99 and i cant imagine Ozzy would be any good. Some of the recent live stuff with him is really painful to hear. Would of loved to hear another Tony Martin or Ian Gillian album. Or would of loved to hear them do something with Jorn

Whoops

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has released the following statement regarding the reports of a reunion of the band's original lineup:

"I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a BLACK SABBATH reunion.

"At the time I was supporting the Home Of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly, 'Are you getting back together?'

"Thanks to the Internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of 'official' statement on my part; absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

"To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better."

The original SABBATH lineup has not toured together since summer 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

SABBATH did try to record a new album 12 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.

BLACK SABBATH "reunion" promotional photo (1999):

It's not dead yet... from http://www.bravewords.com/news/167329 :

Guitar legend Tony Iommi's manager Ralph Baker has put a new spin on the rumors that the original members of BLACK SABBATH - including singer Ozzy Osbourne, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward - will be reuniting for an album and a tour next year. Speaking to the Birmingham Mail earlier today, Baker said Iommi “was not saying that it wasn’t true,” referring to his statement released yesterday here.

When asked whether Iommi considered the story in the Birmingham Mail (here) to be untrue Baker said: “No, he doesn’t say that.”

But he added: “We haven’t got anything in place. He’s not denying that the guys have been talking but there’s nothing in the way that’s been implied in the statements that you made.

“He made them to you in June and he felt that he made them to you off-the-record.”

Read the entire report at this location.

Given the quotes in the original article, Baker's comments are not surprising. Unless the writer was outright lying, the quotes do imply that there has been talks. It is just that the writer came to the conclusion that it all meant that it was a done deal.