BLACK SABBATH: 13

LOL. Exactly what I expected. I seriously had no idea what you thought of AWK.

I just know you seem big on hype bands.

I do recall that a member of Obituary was in his band. Just a bad pick overall.
Sure as heck not going to help the draw.

Andrew WK is the opener??? I didn't think he was even still active to be honest. It looks like they would've invited a Mastadon, Volbeat, or even a revamped 90s band like Alice In Chains or something. Andrew WK is one of the most bizarre picks I could have imagined for this tour!

~Brian~

Andrew WK is the opener??? I didn't think he was even still active to be honest. It looks like they would've invited a Mastadon, Volbeat, or even a revamped 90s band like Alice In Chains or something. Andrew WK is one of the most bizarre picks I could have imagined for this tour!

~Brian~

I'm sure this is a Sharon thing, because I recall when he was popular, he played Ozzfest.

That bugs me too, but Wilk seems to be doing a very nice job. The problem for me is Ozzy much more than the drumming...And also the lenght of the songs...

See, what people don't seem to realize is Bill can't really drum that well anymore, which is why I don't understand this line of thinking. I also agree though with the length of the songs. I mean they've had some longish songs in the past but not this many on one album.

You can stream the entire disc on I-tunes.

Love track #4 (Zeitgeist) and it's, "Planet Caravan" vibe. Will definitely purchase that track via iTunes, but the others will require more listens. Good album, but not great, IMO. Brings back a lot of memories though.

Like others have mentioned, many of the songs could be shorter, even if only by a minute or two.

Ozzy has been embarassing live recently (as proved some YouTube vids) but I think that, thanks to studio magic, he's actually quite decent on "13" and doesn't ruin the songs. I like Rubin's production as well.
That being said, these mostly looooooong songs will take time to fully appreciate, but the album is surely not bad, even for a Sab fan which really enjoys more the Dio and Martin eras...