Killswitch Engage
Track from: Disarm The Descent
Label: Roadrunner Records

Room 24
Volbeat Featuring King Diamond
Track from: Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Label: Republic Records

Source

I agree with what Milton and Aeonic are saying, but my favorite on the list is the Volbeat song with KD. And I'm really really glad two European bands that do play heavy metal are included on this list.

I've always thought Killswitch were up there with Shadows Fall or Lamb of God - kind of okay, but not really something I would seek out. I mean, I liked a couple songs from the first album, and a few songs from The End of Heartache, but I never went out of my way to listen to their albums much. Y'all are saying otherwise? Am I biased by their mainstream success (much in the way I never wanted to get into A7X, FFDP, etc., other than the radio stuff)?

I'd love to see Volbeat with King Diamond win it, but judging by how lazy the Grammys usually are in this category, I'm sure they'll give it to Sabbath because they're a band people know and it's a comeback album.

I agree with room 24 being my least favorite on the Outlaw CD, but I would be good with ANY song on that disc winning because it represents my top CD for the year.

KSE should be second. The new album is like Times of Grace 2, which is 1000% ok with me.

But I think we all know Sabbath or God forbid Thrax win, just because they are big names that everybody knows. Balls on that.

I've always thought Killswitch were up there with Shadows Fall or Lamb of God - kind of okay, but not really something I would seek out. I mean, I liked a couple songs from the first album, and a few songs from The End of Heartache, but I never went out of my way to listen to their albums much. Y'all are saying otherwise? Am I biased by their mainstream success (much in the way I never wanted to get into A7X, FFDP, etc., other than the radio stuff)?

I don't know because I'm not a hipster that bought As The Palaces Burn and The Art Of Balance when they came out but now pretends like I didn't. I'm not saying you ARE one of those people - but those people exist and are REALLY annoying. I get that people's tastes change all the time, but there's a difference between admitting they don't like the same stuff they liked 10 years ago and pretending they NEVER liked that stuff and how much "above it" they are.

The one thing KSE has over all of their peers though is the singer. Jesse Leech is up there with any of the singers people praise on this board as far as I'm concerned, but it just so happens that his band comes from the late 90's hardcore scene and that influence is very prevalent in the music. So if you're not going to be into that - oh well. :)