2014 Grammy Nominees - Best metal performance

So... would anyone actually put any of these songs in their Top 20 of the year? Or any of the albums? As I said, I like the KSE song. It's a good track. Is it the best performance of the year? Hardly.

So... would anyone actually put any of these songs in their Top 20 of the year? Or any of the albums? As I said, I like the KSE song. It's a good track. Is it the best performance of the year? Hardly.

Dream Theater is in my Top 20, as is Volbeat.

KSE may likely wind up on it as well.

Black Sabbath and Dream Theater are amongst my favorites this year; however, the songs they picked are some of my least favorite on those albums.

Wow, you went from "unfriend" to "friend" in a single post. :lol:

LOL! Thanks.. Talking to D.C. for that 15-20 minutes over ruled just about anyone playing for the time we were there..

I was never a huge Armored Saint fan in the 80s, but I have a new respect for their music after doing my homework before PPXIV.

I'd love to see Volbeat with King Diamond win it, but judging by how lazy the Grammys usually are in this category, I'm sure they'll give it to Sabbath because they're a band people know and it's a comeback album.

This. Sadly.

I think it would be funny and awesome as all hell to see King Diamond come out on stage to accept that award while dressed in full costume.

That would make my fucking YEAR.

By the way, they played Welcome Home at the Verizon Center last Tuesday during a Caps game. I totally lost my shit.

Sabbath will win, just my feeling. Look who is on the damn committee!! My vote would go wit KsE! Been a KsE fan from the beginning, Shadows Fall still my number one with the Big Four of that time, if you will. Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage, Mastodon, Lamb of God. Hatebreed must be mentioned but not so much metal. They were the highest hardcore band on the charts ever. Let alone Slayer loved taking them out on tour on a couple of occasions. Will be seeing Overcast (shadows fall and kSe members) Jan. 17th, with a local legendary show. Section 8, Stigmata, Skinless, Overcast, Wartime manner, Facecast.
Also a second show was added since this show sold out in 3 days!!!

I'd love to see Volbeat with King Diamond win it, but judging by how lazy the Grammys usually are in this category, I'm sure they'll give it to Sabbath because they're a band people know and it's a comeback album.

Yep, this. And it's a damned shame.

I think it would be funny and awesome as all hell to see King Diamond come out on stage to accept that award while dressed in full costume.

"I'd pay $50 for one!" :D

I'd love to see Volbeat&KD, DT or KSE win it...but I doubt it will happen. And in the final analysis, does anyone really care what the Grammy people think? Should they?

Yes, I would also bet Sabbath will win. Chances are, less than half of those casting ballets have ever heard of Dream Theater and even less have listened to one of their songs. Hardly any of them have ever heard the name Volbeat. I would be shocked to learn that voters are required to listen to all nominations in a genre or general category.