2014 Grammy Nominees - Best metal performance

So are you saying that you make a conscious decision to "ignore" a band just because they have achieved mainstream success?

To be fair, sometimes the hype train can be off putting, and I actually sometimes ignore bands if they get propped up too much so as not to set myself up for disappointment. I knew about Kvelertak and Ghost before they released their respective records for example, but ignored them until afterwords because of all the insane hype.

I'm surprised Megadeth wasn't nominated. Not because I like the new album or anything, but Megadeth always gets nominated and never wins. I think the next time will be the 10th.

They'll choose Black Sabbath, because Black Sabbath has been around for 40+ years. The Grammys have been irrelevant as an authority on hard rock/metal since the first year they tried giving an award in the category and bypassed Metallica in favor of Jethro Tull. They attempted to correct it and went overboard the wrong way, making it the Metallica award.

I'd be OK with any of them winning with the exception of Anthrax. I hate when they nominate bands who do a cover tune. But that's the grammy's for ya, pretty much a joke anyways.

To me, the worst metal related travesty in the history of the Grammys was Motorhead getting nominated for, and then winning a Grammy, for their cover of WHIPLASH.

I think it would be funny and awesome as all hell to see King Diamond come out on stage to accept that award while dressed in full costume.

Britt
As much as I like KD live, no way in hell are the dead bodies that make up ARAS are going to hand Volbeat/KD the Grammy. It will go to one of the "corporate" favorites: KSE or Sabbath.