BLACK SABBATH: 13

I really like the album, actually more than I thought I would. The 3 extra tracks on the deluxe edition are really good too, although I wish they would have just tacked them onto the end of the disc instead on including them as a second disc. Worth the extra few dollars for the deluxe version for sure.

I really like the album, actually more than I thought I would. The 3 extra tracks on the deluxe edition are really good too, although I wish they would have just tacked them onto the end of the disc instead on including them as a second disc. Worth the extra few dollars for the deluxe version for sure.

The Best Buy version of the deluxe edition has another extra track for a total of 4. I'm digging this so far too. It's not mindblowingly incredible, but solid nonetheless.

I agree 100%! I was very skeptical going in but the songs are solid, the classic riffing is there, Ozzy doesn't sound nearly as bad as expected, its dark and heavy keeping the classic doom vibe shining through...all-in-all, I am honestly surprised it came out as good as it did, no Bill Ward not withstanding, going 8/10 on this one.
And get the deluxe version, the 3 bonus songs are definitely worth it.

For those who have not heard it yet, here's the exclusive Best Buy 4th bonus track (HMV-exclusive in Canada), Naivete in Black. This is an excellent up-tempo song, which really should have been on the regular album IMO. Also, one of the other bonus tracks, Methademic. These 2 songs are my faves of the "13" album.

Naivete in Black

Methademic

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally listened to it. Amazed they were actually able to make an album with the old Sabbath vibe instead of what was a glorified Ozzy-sounding album. Quite impressed. Still think some of the songs are too long though.