Would you prefer a new Sabbath disc with Ozzy or Dio

A new Sabbath disc - do you prefer Ozzy or Dio on vox

• I'd prefer a new Sabbath studio disc with Dio

Votes: 72 91.1%
  • I'd prefer a new Sabbath studio disc with Ozzy

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't stand Ozzy whining :), (except on the odd track, like 'Bark at the Moon' where it's just perfect), and I just love Dio's unearthly voice. Always have. It was a magic moment when I first spun 'Long Live Rock 'n' Roll'... which I'm sure you've already figured out was my first encounter with the magic of Dio.

It sounds like Ozzy is completing a new solo CD, and of course Dio is touring with the Heaven and Hell Black Sabbath lineup. I won't believe any new Sabbath record with Ozzy is in the works until I see it on the store shelves. That's quite fine with me, as I'd MUCH prefer to see a new Sabbath disc with Dio and not Ozzy. I just don't know if it's ever going to happen. Hopefully the H&H tour will go well, the egos will be kept in check, and Dio and Iommi will realize that they will be more successful working together than apart (e.g. Dickinson/Harris).

FYI - 3 new songs with Dio will be on their new "Black Sabbath - The Dio Years" collection coming out in a few months.

I voted Dio, cuz I don't want another Ozzy disc, UNLESS it's Zakk and Ozzy holed up in a studio, WITHOUT gay song writing producers and professional song fuckers, and let them just make a fuckin ROCK AND ROLL album. I wanna hear No Rest For The Wicked Revival! I wanna hear the best Ozzy era revisited. I don't want another Ozzmosis with stupid prewritten songs, I wanna hear ZAKK's riffs with OZZY's ideas.

Everyone wonders why Hellfueled is getting so popular. Cuz that era of Ozzy's career was BADASS!!!

Dio:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
The Tony Martin era was awesome too, i really love the seventh star album that Iommi made with Glenn Hughes a lot of awesome songs on that too, i have a bootleg VHS of that tour but with the late RIP Ray Gillen on vocals great stuff.

FYI - 3 new songs with Dio will be on their new "Black Sabbath - The Dio Years" collection coming out in a few months.

I think I heard rumors about that awhile back, but didn't realize that a Dio-era hits album like that was actually coming to fruition ... and with new material! Yay! Does any one know if there is a date set for this release or just "sometime this year"? Either way, I will be waiting with great anticipation to get my hands on this CD. :headbang:

Haha! So much for Sharron's "Heaven and Hell has nothing to do with Black Sabbath" statement. :lol: That was the biggest crock of shit. I could only laugh when I read that. I understand the whole not touring under the name "Black Sabbath" (a choice that I'm sure was made by Toni and the other guys) but to basically say that a group of musicians that released albums under the name Black Sabbath has nothing to do with Black Sabbath ... that was just a dumb statement. Just accept that the band had other singers besides your husband and get over yourself/it. :rolleyes:

Yes, what's up with that Todd? :)
I guess you wanted to keep it simple. ...and with the Heaven and Hell "package" I guess it makes sense.

Anyway, listen to 'Cross of Thorns'... Amazing!
Tony should never be overlooked or, worse still, forgotten.

You know I love Tony Martin!

Unfortunately, more people are more familiar with Dio and Ozzy, and given that most people have no idea of what Tony Martin has been doing since he left Sabbath, I didn't want to see him get crushed in this poll.

Furthermore, Dio had just 3 discs with Sabbath while Tony has 5 to his credit. As big of a TM fan as I am, with regards to Sabbath, I'd like to see them with Dio for a new album. The time Dio and Sabbath spent together was too short, whereas I think Tony's development came full circle during his time with Sabbath.

Any way to vote for a new album with Tony Martin?

:)

He's been doing a lot of new stuff similar to the Sabbath vein anyway which is another reason I didn't include him in this poll. Check out Empire (The Raven Ride), Giuntini Project (III), Mollo Martin, Rodinelli (Our Cross Our Sins) and his latest solo CD (Scream).

Right or wrong, a new Sabbath studio disc with Dio is going to sell a lot more discs and seats than a new Sabbath disc with Tony Martin, not to mention giving metal as a whole a bit more recognition outside of the metal world.

I think I heard rumors about that awhile back, but didn't realize that a Dio-era hits album like that was actually coming to fruition ... and with new material! Yay! Does any one know if there is a date set for this release or just "sometime this year"? Either way, I will be waiting with great anticipation to get my hands on this CD. :headbang::

This is the plan so far:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/60067

Black Sabbath: The Dio Years tracklisting: 'Neon Knights', 'Lady Evil', 'Heaven And Hell', 'Die Young', 'Lonely Is The Word', 'The Mob Rules', 'Turn Up The Night', 'Voodoo', 'Falling Off The Edge Of The World', 'After All (The Dead)', 'TV Crimes', 'I', 'Children Of The Sea' - Live, 'The Devil Cried' *, 'Shadow Of The Wind' *, 'Ear In The Wall' *. (* Newly recorded track)

April 3rd release date on Rhino Records.

This is the plan so far:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/60067

Black Sabbath: The Dio Years tracklisting: 'Neon Knights', 'Lady Evil', 'Heaven And Hell', 'Die Young', 'Lonely Is The Word', 'The Mob Rules', 'Turn Up The Night', 'Voodoo', 'Falling Off The Edge Of The World', 'After All (The Dead)', 'TV Crimes', 'I', 'Children Of The Sea' - Live, 'The Devil Cried' *, 'Shadow Of The Wind' *, 'Ear In The Wall' *. (* Newly recorded track)

April 3rd release date on Rhino Records.

Damn, I was kinda hoping Time Machine would have been on there, but still an excellent track listing. Thanks!
Also, it'll be kindda interesting for me to hear Dio singing the Ozzy era stuff on the live disc they are putting out.

This is great news and a good sign for metal!

Launch Radio Networks has issued the following report from Bruce Simon:

Fan interest in the BLACK SABBATH reunion, under the name HEAVEN AND HELL, has been huge. The band's tour, which starts March 11th in Vancouver, British Columbia, is Number One on the Top 50 list for the concert industry trade magazine Pollstar, indicating that more people want to know about the dates than any other trek.

Neither...I honestly don't think anybody in Sabbath with Dio or Ozzy singing has enough good material left to make a worthwhile record. This is one case where nostalgia is probably best.