Dio With Anthrax And Fireball Ministry 10/16/2004

metal rob

Heavy Metal King
DIO WITH ANTHRAX AND FIREBALL MINISTRY 10/16/2004
REVOLUTION, FT. LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

FIREBALL MINISTRY

The opening act i decided to pass on due to hanging out with my friends in the parking lot having a beer or two.

ANTHRAX

A disappointment on every level, they are the definition of why bands should disband without their best singer, Joey Belladonna was very missed here, also hard to believe that Joey Vera played with this mockery of a great band, they manage to desecrate great Songs of their glory days as well as the drudge they recently created, here is the shortened set list:

NFL (EFILNIKUFESIN)
CAUGHT IN A MOSH
SAFE HOME
ANTI - SOCIAL
KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY
STOMP 442 (Unsure because i am not familiar with their post Belladonna material)
DEATHRIDER (TEMPO CHANGED TO NEW ERA METAL, TOTAL DESECRATION OF A CLASSIC)
ONLY

Very glad to see them leave the stage finally, Now on to the main event, the legend that is Ronnie James Dio.

DIO

The set list speaks for itself here, Dio still is a legend, his voice is still as incredible and great as always and one of the best metal performers in the world. Craig Goldy and Rudy Sarzo and the band were amazingly solid and impressive throughout this set, Well here it is below and if Dio is coming to your area go see them, you will not be disappointed.

One More For The Road (New Song from Master Of The Moon)
Sign Of The Southern Cross/Stargazer (Medley)
Stand Up And Shout
Simon Wright Drum Solo
Don't Talk To Strangers
The Eyes (New Song From Master Of The Moon)
Killing The Dragon
Man On The Silver Mountain/Craig Goldy Solo/Long Live Rock & Roll/Man On The Silver Mountain(Reprise)
Rock & Roll Children
Gates Of Babylon (Rainbow - Long Live Rock & Roll)
Holy Diver
Heaven And Hell
The Last In Line
Rainbow In The Dark
We Rock
Neon Knights

Very unexpected songs including Gates Of Babylon by Rainbow and Neon Knights by Black Sabbath as well as Sign Of The Southern Cross by Black Sabbath and Stargazer by Rainbow. Dio proved and showed why his music and he is timeless and a true heavy metal legend, Long Live Dio and Heavy Metal.

Dio Official Website

METAL DOMINION :hotjump: :worship: :D

I saw the show at Club Revolution in Fort Lauderdale also. Dio was great! It was his best set-list in 14 years! Better acoustics at Revolution than Club Ovation in Boynton Beach , where he played last time. Looking forward to Judas Priest Live in 2005!

I went to this show as well.
the only complaint I have is that they wouldn't let you bring camera's into the venue and that the warm up band Fireball Ministry sucked, and Anthrax should have played longer. other than that, I got nothing.
It was an excellent show and it was great to see so many metal heads in attendance at the show both old and young. quite a diverse crowd, don't really get that too often around here in south florida.

Anthrax were superb and really got the crowd going (IMO), I screamed out the lyrics as loud as I could, jumping in the mosh pit when it finally opened up during caught in a mosh. I regret not catching them last year when they played at the fagtory.

By the time Anthrax was off the stage I had lost my voice and so I headed up stairs to the balcony overlooking the stage right above the soundboard and got a perfect view of Dio. Metal god, Dinosaur, Grandpa, whatever you want to call him, 'Dio Kicks Ass' as the saying goes. this is easily one of the best shows I've ever gone, Dio is a natural performer and I hope to see him again some time in the future.