DIO - Evil or Divine - the DVD

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
After searching a few stores today I finally tracked down the first ever Dio DVD today called Evil or Divine. The DVD was just released today. The concert on the DVD is the actual concert I was at Friday December 13, 2002 in NYC's Roseland Ballroom. It was a great show and the DVD captures the whole live experience. Ronnie James Dio now 62 years old still moves around like he did back in his hey day. Doug Aldrich totally shreds on guitars. The live performance captures tunes from Rainbow, Black Sabbath and of course Dio's solo career. If you can find this DVD pick it up, it is well worth it. I have only been to a handful of concerts so far, maybe 7 or 8 and this one along with Blind Guardian/Symphony X is my favorite show. Dio is still amazing after all these years and shows that age isn't anything but a number.

Track Listing:

Killing The Dragon
Egypt/Children Of The Sea
Push
Drum Solo
Stand Up And Shout
Rock and Roll
Don't Talk To Strangers
Man On The Silver Mountain
Guitar Solo
Long Live Rock N Roll
Lord Of The Last Day
Fever Dreams
Holy Diver
Heaven and Hell
The Last In Line
Rainbow In The Dark
We Rock

I still remember this show like it was yesterday. Hammerfall and King's X were the support slots. While King's X turned the place into a bore fest Hammefall rocked the place and got the fans ready for the almighty legend Dio. Hope you enjoy the DVD if yu pick it up.

I was thinking wouldnt it be cool if they call this D V Dio?

I'll be buying this DVD first chance I get. But Dio is 62??? Holy crap! I had no idea he was that old, I always assumed he was around the age of Ozzy or maybe a little older - early to mid 50s. You're right in saying that age is just a number however. Dio rocks as hard as he ever did. :OMG:

I saw Dio in 1984 in Columbus Georgia (of all places) and he fought a mechanical dragon onstage with a laser sword. His laser light show was flat out amazing. While Ronnie doesn't have the revenue for that type of light show anymore, he is still a great performer. I saw him in Atlanta a couple of years ago. Ronnie is a living legend.

Bryant

i tell yall, dio is a metal god, and hes still going hard now, when he gives out like ozzy has(ozzys fading quick), unlike ozzy, i will have great respect for him.

I was also at this show and it was a great night. The dvd is great a must have for any Dio fan. The best part of the dvd for me at least is during Heaven And Hell I saw myself headbanging for about 2 seconds. :hotjump: