Dio

EyeballKid

Shyamalan'd
Today is the 3rd Annual Day of Dio Remembrance and Celebration. Four years ago today we lost a legend. Ronnie James Dio, we miss you. Instead of mourning, let's celebrate! Post your favorite Dio song, album, tour, memory, or just throw up the horns!

This is the third year in which I will be celebrating Dio's life by listening to his entire recording history (from late '50s rock n' roll/doo wop to "Metal Will Never Die" from 2010).

Here's a glimpse of my playlist. Also, it never hurts to drink mead from a goblet and stock up on some epic beer:

If you're on Twitter, spread the Dio love with #DioDay2014 #Dio

:headbang:

All hail Dio!!! Never get tired of throwing on anything with him singing. He is and always will be among the elite of metal gods.

Here's some of my favorites by project:
Rainbow - Starstruck, Lady of the Lake, Gates of Babylon
Sabbath - Lady Evil, Die Young, Falling off the Edge of the World
Dio - Walk on Water, Caught in the Middle, The Last in Line

Me and Dio at a Heaven & Hell gig just months before he died:

Okay, maybe it wasn't quite that epic, but it comforts me to know he's still the last person who's hand I've shaken with my left one. And so it shall remain forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some of my favorites by project:
Rainbow - Starstruck, Lady of the Lake, Gates of Babylon
Sabbath - Lady Evil, Die Young, Falling off the Edge of the World
Dio - Walk on Water, Caught in the Middle, The Last in Line

All good picks, but I particularly love Die Young. Such an underrated, amazing song!

Okay, maybe it wasn't quite that epic, but it comforts me to know he's still the last person who's hand I've shaken with my left one. And so it shall remain forever.

:worship:

All good picks, but I particularly love Die Young. Such an underrated, amazing song!

:worship:

Agreed 100%

Now that I'm listening to the original Rainbow album again I really love The Temple of the King. Such a relaxing and cool song.:headbang:

Dio: The most beautiful voice ever! :headbang:

One of the fallen heroes of metal:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't Talk to Strangers is my favorite Dio song. :kickass:

Never saw him live - his prime was before my time.