Dio's Magica (sequel???)

Thorngren

Project Genocide
Apr 2, 2005
The Napa Valley
www.livejournal.com
i was spinning this album today when going through all my concept albums and remembered how much i loved the story of this one. the concept was really cool, and the actual spoken word part at the end (like a book on tape) was great.... but also gave the idea that Dio plans on making a sequel to it. you think that'll ever happen, or did anyone even like this one? haha (i've read many people disliked this album)

Don't worry, Ronnie said in recent interviews that the next Dio album should be Magica II :)

I like Magica quite a bit even though many people don't as you say, maybe because there are mostly slow songs on that one. Not one of my favorites Dio records but Ronnie's vocal performance is top notch on songs like "Lord of the Last Day", "Fever Dreams", "As Long As It's Not About Love" or the "Magica Reprise" interlude.

SoundMaster said:
About 2 months ago I read a recent interview where he stated that "Magica Part II" has been shelved. He stated that the time's just not right for it now. In fact, he seemed to hint that it will never see the light of day.
link???? :hotjump:

SoundMaster said:
About 2 months ago I read a recent interview where he stated that "Magica Part II" has been shelved. He stated that the time's just not right for it now. In fact, he seemed to hint that it will never see the light of day.
:erk: Seems like he changes his mind every other month about it. I still believe there will be a sequel one day anyway.