Dirge - And Shall the Sky Descend

Doomcifer knows them right? Or it was just another Dirge he was playing...? In any case , Dirge is the fucking win. The uploaded track , stylistically , is like Through Silver in Blood (the track) mixed with bits from The Eye of Every Storm , the whole thing in slow motion and more oppressing.Wow..

Dev said:
Doomcifer knows them right? Or it was just another Dirge he was playing...? In any case , Dirge is the fucking win. The uploaded track , stylistically , is like Through Silver in Blood (the track) mixed with bits from The Eye of Every Storm , the whole thing in slow motion and more oppressing.Wow..

Yeah, same Dirge. I've listened through the album only once so far though, and it was that time it was in my NP thingy. I need to pay more attention to it but my plate is chalk-fucking-full right now.

Free bump .

I'm sure some people would like this band , it's time to download :)

Crimson Death said:
One of the best albums I heard in a long while!

Glad you like it. It is, definitely, a must-own for anyone into the kind of music ranging from Godflesh to Neurosis, and maybe for fans of more "emotional" post-whatever as well.

Bump!

So, I dug that back this week due to the hopeless weather and, OMG(!!!), totally fell in love with this album. I mean I found it awesome before, but playing it many times real loud and focused on the soundwalls, I realized what a powerful and totally hypnotic aura it possesses.

I think that for the sheer beauty (poetry even) to shine through effectively, one should really lay back, even remain motionless and do nothing else than take the crush straight through the guts and the heart. The song The Endless (wait a few seconds for the download button to appear) struck me as a fucking milestone this time around, there's something post-rockish about it that screams "spin me again, you dickhead!". And since I think it has some of the greatest lyrics ever written, I'll write them down for all who care to enjoy the full scope of the track.

And do spare yourselves goofy statements à la "this totally sounds like Jesu" (© Erik Ltd. - 2005) :p

Strobbing stars light the way to you
Sparkling blades ripped your heart in two
Scattered all along your wound
Throbbing hums turning round and round
Motherchaos release me

Crippled angel, where have you been?
So much void, so much things
Is this life you gave me?
All those shapes I cannot see
I try to breathe, I have to learn
'Cause I know, into you I won't return

Smell the heady scent of rust
Frozen glare trapped inside
She was the night spitting dusk
Made of silk, made of dust
A million suns never set
These molecular threats
Pulsing fear, lurking eye
Motherchaos, one last time

Womb - is where all things must cease
Womb - peaceful home, never found
Womb - is where all things shall cease
Womb - is where all things have ceased

Ellestin said:
Did anyone actually check this?!?

I thought there were at least a few people of taste on this board. I'm off to GMD. :Smug:

For sure I checked it . Believe this guy , this is more than just "pretty good"

Thanatopsis123 said:
Edit: I keep waiting and when I try to download it I'm just sent to a pop-up for www.passions.com or something.

Yes but under the pop-up you should have something like that...
clipboard019fb.jpg

If not I'll try jewsendit again, it was down yesterday.

Ellestin mind re-uploading an mp3? :D

This thread was started on a Saturday in May. Then bumped on a Saturday in December. I don't check this board on the weekends, hence this potential great music snuck under my radar. :(