Dirge - And Shall the Sky Descend

This bump couldn't be more fitting as I'm listening to them this very moment.

Here once again The Endless

I'll never recommend these guys enough. I know and understand some people do not manage (or do not want) to get past the "this sounds like a Neurosis worship" fence, so I can only encourage to take the music in only for what it is and peel off the unique, rusted and desperate beauty it radiates, strip by strip.

"And Shall the Sky Descend" is now totally and officially my favourite album evar, thus knocking Samael's "Passage" (1996-2004) and Isis' "Panopticon" (2004-2005) off the throne.

me neither...

well, the songwriting is different and the overall flavour is more tragic and sludgy, though I admit similarities to the guitar, vocals, and percussions sound fabric.

haha ok will do this evening.

On a side note, the band is taking waaaaaaay too much fucking time with the new album. The new stuff I heard them play on stage almost made my breeches explode.

has anyone heard the new one, Wings Over Dormant Seas, or something? its a 2CD

Yes it's very good, especially the first CD. The track 'lotus continent' is quality stuff. The second cd is one massive 60 minute track. It's a bit more subdued than their other stuff with some ambient/noise going on.