Disarmonia Mundi Vocal Question

theNeologist

Apr 3, 2009
I'm not one to typically try and replicate another bands sound...especially for vocals. I usually do my own thing and get my own sound....but I'm doing a cover of Disarmonia's Red Clouds....and i've found that my typical style isn't fitting the feel of the song very well..or at least how I would like to. I find that Disarmonias clean vocals are the most unusual in how they are processed. They sound like they are smothered in reverb and delay....but yet quite coherant all at the same time. I tried a few different reverb and delay plugins with varying settings and I can't just seem to understand what they've done to get their sound.

Does anyone have any ideas on what kinds of effect chains may produce the very ambient spacey cleans that they have???....particularly for red clouds if a target track is desired??

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...i realize my question was a little far fetched and has no real direction.

I'm at work ATM, so I can;'t test anything now...but to prepare myself for tonight i'm thinking of some strategies.

The more I listen the more it seems they have two types of delays layered...
one being a delay with short reflections and long feedback...and the other with a medium length and short feedback.

Do people experiment with layering different delays together for effects??..or is this jsut going to clutter up the vocal and make it non-coherant? I think in this case there may even be a light reverb after both delays to give it space. But in terms of the delay I don't know if having two delays on one channel will work together or build off eachother. Perhaps side chaining the second delay would be more effective? I dunno...but thats where my heads at.

Hey man, I think you'd be better off shooting Ettore an email. Just grab it off the main Disarmonia Mundi website. Pretty sure he does all the production work himself.

hmm....going right to the source....why would that sound like a good idea to me...o_O

hahaha. thanks for the tap on the shoulder and pointing me the right direction