Disarmonia Mundi

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Hooooly crap, have any of you heard of these guys!? It's a side project band of Bjorn from Soilwork, based in Italy, and they are REALLY, REALLY catchy. I've been listening to their newest album, "Mind Tricks" for the past half hour, and I am absolutely loving it!

Calling it a side project from Bjorn seems rather untrue to me, at least in my view it would imply he's at the origin of it... I'd say it's a band in which he sings in the studio, but the band existed and released albums before he joined them.

It's a band from Italy that has asked (and paid) Bjorn to sing in the last 2 cds.
Disarmonia mundi was a very good band, but in the last 2 album they are a copy of soilwork.

It's just Lame, it's just a soilwork rip off

I agree entirely, I never said anything about them being super original or anything. However, that doesn't change the fact that I like the songs and will probably like anything with Bjorn's vocals on it...

Ettore records in his house. Evidently his mother is this well known Italian actress that's got some kind of massive villa type thing.

Speed was telling me about it.

Ettore responds to his Disarmonia Mundi myspace... you might want to ask him there.

J

I quite like their songs (although they're not that original) and Ettore's production is real good (he's a sound engineer, btw), but unfortunately the guy is quite an ass... Oh, and they've never played live. NEVER.
Now that's lame...

not playing live doesn't make you an ass^

I really like Mind tricks, it's nothing original or anything but it's super catchy. Fragments of Degeneration's mastering is really bad, makes it hard to listen to.

Don't get me wrong, he's an ass for other reasons.

From their site
unfortunately the impossibility of finding trustable musicians to complete the line-up has prevented the band to perform live shows
...sounds like bulls*#t to me...

I think that a little bit of original stuff is important
I'm sick of all these bands being a copy-cat......
Say all Us metal was really original years ago, now new bands just copy in a very bad way the InFlames/Swedish Death Metal formula.
Just a bunch of bands are worth buying.
That's lame when you think that from us we had such great bands in the past.