Recommend me some new bands

F(r)iend

New Metal Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hey all! I've been listening to a lot of new bands lately, but none of them have really hit me as hard and I would REALLY like to find some new melodic/folk death bands. Here are some bands that I've listened to:

Ablaze My Sorrow
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
Archeon*
Blood Stain Child
Chain Collector
Children of Bodom*
Cipher System
Dawn of Relic
Dark Tranquillity
Deadlock
Disarmonia Mundi (I like a couple of songs)
Dispatched (some stuff is really good)
Duskfall, The*
Edge of Sanity
Embraced
Ensiferum*
Equilibrium*
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Fall of the Leafe (some stuff is really good)
Finntroll
Gates of Ishtar
Hypocrisy
Imperanon
In Flames*
Insomnium*
Kalmah*
Mors Principium Est
Naumachia
Nightrage (some stuff is really good)
Norther*
Omniun Gatherum
Pathogen*
Scar Symmetry
Shadow (some stuff is really good)
Skyfire*
Soilwork (some stuff is really good)
Sonic Syndicate (some stuff is really good)
Suidakra*
Throne of Chaos
Wintersun*

* = bands that stand out

I know that's a long list and I'm sorry to make you read all of that, but if you guys can think of ANY bands, please suggest them! I'm in need of new stuff! It's not that I don't like the bands that don't have an asterik, it's just I think I like certain chord progressions and that makes it stick out for me. Like the intro to the Black Tears song by ETOS (I know it's by Edge of Sanity) is really catchy to me. Disarmonia Mundi, I really like the first three songs on that Fragments album. Hell, I even like Freedom Call a lot because so many of their songs use a similar chord progression that I find really catchy. My favourite song off of The Black Waltz would definetely be The Groan of Wind (if that helps at all).

Again, don't get wrong, those bands that I've mentioned up there are great and I like them, it's just bands that use a certain chord progression tends to stick out (like the whole Timeless Departure album by Skyfire).

Thanks!

some Melo/Folk:
Windir
Ancient Rites
Turisas
Mithotyn
Thyrfing
Fjoergyn
Falchion
Månegarm
Einherjer
Cadacross