Discovering Testament

LiveWire77

Jul 28, 2008
Where did you first hear about Testament?

I was randomly looking for a new thrash band to listen to (about a year and a half ago) and I came across the name 'Testament'. I had heard of the name before but had never heard any songs by them. I typed them into youtube out of curiosity and Trial By Fire came up. I listened to it and was blown away. I then went and discovered more about them and found more great songs made by them. :kickass:

I first heard them thru a friend of mine in 1988 who had a bunch of thrash tapes.They were beat to hell but The New Order was still the best thing I
had ever heard and really set my brain to think of Testament as what metal was supposed to sound like(I still go by that) I was 13 and I have been listening to them every single day in one form or another ever since.:heh:

1988 I saw Trial by Fire video on USA network's Night Flight, and have been a fan ever since!

That same episode of Night Flight introduced me to Suicidal Tendencies as well.

Roughly about 1988/89 ish a little know UK tv show called the power hour, it was on very early in the morning, good for watching when coming in from a club very drunk lol, anyway in my drunken haze i watched two videos one after the other first Over the wall then Trial by fire, after that i was hooked went out the next day and bought The legacy and New order and the rest they say is history :headbang:

I think it might have been" pratice what you preach"....cant remeber how or why i had the tape...i think my buddy had a few of thier and he told me they were killer

i think i got into them around 97 or 98. i got "The Ritual" album through the BMG Music cd service thing and i went straight to my record store after that and bought SOuls Of Black (because thats all they had) and had them order all the albums they could get for me. i love these guys

I heard them off KBPI and then I went to mediaplay and got Demonic and then The Gathering.

I guess it was in 1987, the first time I saw the video for "Over the Wall" I was hooked! I know it was before The New Order was released. Then I got to see them headline with Wrathchild America opening in New Orleans on the Practice What You Preach tour a couple of years later and the rest is history.

They pretty much instantly became my favorite thrash band and have remained so ever since. Dropping the bomb of badass that is TFoD only cemented that opinion!

Yeah,it was the legacy and the new order came out in around 87/88.Last time I heard them was Practice what you Preach I wore the tape out:headbang: