Disease of the Nation

Daunt

Sep 16, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
www.myspace.com
I did a second demo with this band. I really love their stuff! It's always a blast to work with these guys. Check it out:

Shotgun Between Your Eyes
New Born Depression

Drums are 100 % natural. Guitars were Peavey Windsor (left) and 5150 (right) through Marshall cab (57 & 606). Bass was Windsor through Warwick cab (602). Mastering was done at Finnvox by Minerva Pappi.

Studio diary (in Finnish):
http://diseaseofthenation.com/studiogtr1.php

HPIM1723.jpg
HPIM1726.jpg

HPIM1704.jpg
HPIM1706.jpg

HPIM1707.jpg
HPIM1714.jpg

HPIM1717.jpg

I like the vocals. As a whole i think they're a pretty unique sounding band, although i get hints of darkane influence. Also by itself i don't like the snare, but in the mix i like it. good work.

I remember the last time you recorded these dudes, really like this band alot, really like the recording alot, just great fucking job all around, these dudes need a record contract and a plane to the states so I can see them rock this shit, hell yeah !!!!!!!!!

You Finns do some crazy music ! Maybe due to drinking a shitload of beer in the sauna or something...

Production is cool, especially drums (you achieve great natural drums sound in general).

I'd use a tad more low-end for the guitars (and then maybe tweak the bass sound accordingly).

Not a huge fan of the singing during verses but i definitely hear the Darkane craziness here.

Thanks guys! It's not very hard to get a good sound out of drummer like Arto. I mean, he's like the perfect studio drummer. I have recorded him four times now. They really deserve a record deal. If they get it, I really hope that they will work with me again. This time they recorded the vocals by themselves in the night. Some of the stuff was so weird that they could not use it, haha :lol: