Distant Dream - It All Starts From Pieces

TheLongshot

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, yeah, another instrumental prog metal outfit, but these guys are pretty good. It also helps that their album is dirt cheap on Bandcamp. Definitely worth listening to.

Thanks for posting an update to this thread. Looked up the OP album on Spotify and enjoyed it immensely. Although these djenty instrumental bands are becoming a dime a dozen, I like this a lot.

I've actually been listening to a lot of Post Rock on YouTube lately (worldhaspostrock and wherepostrockdwells are good resources) and they occasionally play stuff from the metal end of the spectrum.

I'll be posting another thread of a band I really like, as soon as I can find YouTube links.

Thanks for posting an update to this thread. Looked up the OP album on Spotify and enjoyed it immensely. Although these djenty instrumental bands are becoming a dime a dozen, I like this a lot.
The signal to noise ratio is bad, but the overall transmission is HUGE these days what with the dramatically reduced barriers to entry. It's a lot of work to sort them out, but the gems are still super worth it.

I'm not really into instrumentals unless they are like this one ...... so melodic and atmospheric. Bought this the moment I heard some samples... This is great for riding in the car, or putting something on in the background for tons of mood and atmosphere. I've been turned on to many instrumental bands recently, but this one makes me want to check out more...... excellent disc and you can't beat the price.

Reactions: TheLongshot