Distant Thunder - Welcome To The End

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Does anyone else have this?

I just got it today and I have not been able to stop listening to it. I am on my third spin right now and it is killing me more and more each time. Very amazing traditional/power metal. James Rivera vocals are out of this world. It doesn't really sound like Seven Witches brand of power metal buit the Helstar of the new millenium. My favorite song has to be "Beyond The Black Field of Stars" but they are all kicking my ass.

I would not mind seeing these boys playing ProgPower. Especially with Mike Lepond on bass. I know Destiny's End played the first Prog Power, that had to be cool.

The covers of "Run With The Pack" and "Restless & Wild" would bring the place down if played live. This is just killer.

Now I still have...

Chris Caffery - Faces/The Damn War
Iron Savior - Battering Ram
Silent Force - World's Apart

to listen to tommorow which I received with this Distant Thunder album.

That album fucking owns!!! One of my favorites of 2004 and one that got very little media attention. James is a good friend of mine. He's got some good shit up his sleeve for 2005. I'll post it as soon as he gives me the go ahead.

That is awesome can't wait to hear the news. I will be seeing Seven Witches next Saturday in Allentown, PA (with Ion Vein and Halloween). It will be filmed for a DVD and it is a free show. James and the boys always deliver.

TheGraveDigger said:
That is awesome can't wait to hear the news. I will be seeing Seven Witches next Saturday in Allentown, PA (with Ion Vein and Halloween). It will be filmed for a DVD and it is a free show. James and the boys always deliver.

I may be there for that as well. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

mjollnir1965 said:
I may be there for that as well. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me.

Ah, not quite as bad as the hour and 30 minute drive it will be for me. Ive never really driven long distances to concerts. Ive flown to Ohio, taken the train to New York or driven reasonable distances in Jersey. This will be my first big car journey to a show.