Eric Halpern: Guit
Rick Ward : Drums
Mike LePond : Bass
Gregg Gill : Guit

J. Rivera - Helstar, Destiny's End
E. Halpern - Destiny's End
M. LePond - Symphony X
R. Ward - Midnight Circus

I have not heard one note of this band and I dare to predict that this band is gonna SMOKE!!! I hope to see them in Europe soon!! :headbang:

Rivera kicks butt!! Al hail Rivera!! :worship:

Fangface said:
Hell yeah this is going to rule :Smokin:
Anything featuring Rivera can't be bad.

Check out the sound samples on the website Hawk :)
If I do I will so excited and impatient it's not going to be funny :D
I'll do it tomorrow!

Heh. Nice Sisters Of Mercy sample on the front page. "This Corrosion" is the name of the song for any interested.

They sound pretty good. I saw Destiny's End open for Iced Earth a few years ago. James Rivera is one helluva cool guy!

I thought Destiny's End were done for good, until I read a few days ago that James and another guy are busy writing new songs for a third album.

More Rivera = good news :D

Psychonaut said:
Heh. Nice Sisters Of Mercy sample on the front page. "This Corrosion" is the name of the song for any interested.

They sound pretty good. I saw Destiny's End open for Iced Earth a few years ago. James Rivera is one helluva cool guy!
I had not noticed the Sisters sample. I like some stuff of the sisters. Thier "Temple of Love" is great and I like "Vision Thing" a lot. I heard Andrew Eldritch is thinking about recording some new material.

James really is a cool guy. I met him at the Dynamo club around '86/'87 when Helstar played the Dynamo club. And again in 1999 at Biebobs in Belgium just after Destiny's End had played a stunning show at Wacken 1999.

He's a reall down to earth guy and was happy to answer all the questions I had :)

James was also on stage 4 years ago @ Bang Your Head festival in Balingen, singing "He's Woman, She's a man" in duet with Klaus Meine during Scorpions' set :)

Hawk said:
I had not noticed the Sisters sample. I like some stuff of the sisters. Thier "Temple of Love" is great and I like "Vision Thing" a lot. I heard Andrew Eldritch is thinking about recording some new material.
When you click on the logo and the window pops up that says "Welcome The End". The choir is the Sisters. Crematory did an awesome cover of "Temple Of Love" too.

Fangface said:
James was also on stage 4 years ago @ Bang Your Head festival in Balingen, singing "He's Woman, She's a man" in duet with Klaus Meine during Scorpions' set :)
I heard about that! I was not present but you can see pictures of it at Nico's Photo Pit

Psychonaut said:
When you click on the logo and the window pops up that says "Welcome The End". The choir is the Sisters. Crematory did an awesome cover of "Temple Of Love" too.
I'd love to hear that one! On what album did they do that?

I found a couploe of clips from their homepage. I am debating if I like the vocals or not. They are a little over-the-top which isn't a bad thing, but I think it would take some listens to "get it."

Bryant

According to the official DISTANT THUNDER website (www.distantthunder.com), the release date for the band’s Welcome The End album has been pushed back one week. The album will now surface on June 7th through Massacre Records.

As previously reported, the album is an uncompromising metal album done in the spirit of Distant Thunder singer James Rivera’s former band HELSTAR, not a ballad in sight.

Welcome The End was produced by SEVEN WITCHES guitarist/founder Jack Frost.