Distorted Mind is no more.

A few things I have learned promoting bands...
Even if you drop 5000 flyers, and your band is essentialy unknow, no one will come to a show.

Most unknown band have about 20 hardcore fans who will loyaly come to every show. Usually they are family, people the band members hang with on a daily basis and boyfreinds/girlfreinds.

Unknown bands will never have a good following in their own area. Why? The majority of the people who dig the style of music you play are musicians. Unless they want to play in your band, they are going to say you suck only because they can play better than your guitar player, play faster than your drummer ect ect./ It is a competion thing.

If you want a bigger following it is manditory to play out of town...all the time. If people dont know your band or have never heard of you or know you personaly they are more likely to have a unbias judgment of your music.

HAve you ever noticed who posts on the official forums? Mad dog hardcore fans of the bands. People who go and buy all the albums, are willing to travel hundreds (sometimes thousands) of miles to see a show, buy every peice of merch they can afford. This is not the average fan.

Study the storys of great bands. Metallica gave away so much free shit at shows. I heard a story of a band "band A", going to a concert that they werent even booked to play, and gave away 150 t shirts. The band playing ( a National act), their management wanted to know who band A was because everyone were wearing Band A shirts They got signed months later.

Word of mouth isnt good enough, there are thousands of bands out there doing the same thing you are and you have to compete with that.

Will Bozarth said:
next step is for this forum to go away

I kept telling you that if you changed the "s" to a "z" in "Distorted," then you guys would be the next big thang. Diztorted Mind coming to a town near you. You wouldn't listen, though. :heh: