Distortion Problems

Originally posted by union9
Now i got the Peavy "Dirty Dog". This thing sounds like hell. (or heaven, depends on how u like it) :D

Sounds interesting.Can you give me some info on the Peavy Dirty Dog? [/B][/QUOTE]

look here

This "transtube" thing makes an amazing full sound. I'm not one of this technical guys. So can't give u some technical information. Just look at the link.

Originally posted by Russ
..Have you tried lowering your pickups?? That will get rid of some of the noise. You could also get lower output pots like 250k. ..500k+ might be to much for your distortion pedal?

Pots do not determine the output of your guitar, the pickups do, so the resistance of the pot will have no effect on the distortion pedal. You may want to cut the input level on the pedal itsself, and as above and play around with the pickup height as this does affect sound.

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
Pots do not determine the output of your guitar, the pickups do, so the resistance of the pot will have no effect on the distortion pedal. You may want to cut the input level on the pedal itsself, and as above and play around with the pickup height as this does affect sound.
homer.gif
Doh!:erk: ..I meant to say the 500k will bleed more highs from his pickups, thus it might make the distortion sound to high & trebley for a good sound from his distortion.
..Also, if he's using crapy stock pickups, that c-o-u-l-d be a problem? Or just a shitty pedal or amp?

The AX300G actually has really nice distortion sounds for playing metal. Pair it with a good clean amp (Fenders usually work great) and use the High Gain Setting of the DST2 effect.

If you want to use it for direct recording or with headphones, use the AMP SIM in 6L6 mode, but it won't sound as good as a real amp or a good simulation, since the amp sim algorithm is pretty basic.

I have an MXR Super Badass distortion pedal and its range and versatility is amazing. Best distortion box I've ever used, and the price is great. It can go from subtle overdrive to metal, and the EQ is extremely musical.