District 97 - Weird chick fronted prog rock

Wow that was pretty sweet, different/interesting, thanks for posting Fire_Breath! Also thanks for posting some Clandestine ANGRARules. Good stuff, wonderful singing. While there are quite a few female fronted symphonic metal bands, now that I think of it I wonder how many progressive metal/metalish bands have females fronting them besides these that are mentioned here and the Duchess' band? Or maybe that should be a different thread. Don't mean to hyjack. Anyways thanks again for posting and look forward to hearing more from District97.

As for District 97, I am looking forward to seeing them in Chicago at Reggie's with Gamma Ray. I am so stoked for this show as I have VIP tix for a meet and greet with Gamma. I am not the adoring starstruck type, but to have the opportunity to shake fuckin' Kai's hand and thank him for his musical genius will be worth the upcharge. :worship:

Cool, say hi to us while you're at it!

Just wanted to give an update on our upcoming slot with Gamma Ray at Reggie's, which we're super excited about! We go first, so get there early!

Early, All Ages Show!
Thursday, February 3rd @ Reggie's Rock Club
2109 S. State, Chicago, IL 60605, 6:00 PM, $25
Advance tickets at http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3245685&pl=mp.
w/Gamma Ray, Mindwarp Chamber, Atomize, Act of Destruction

In other news, here's a video of me with Prog Rock icon Bill Bruford:

Hope to see some of you folks out!
Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to give an update on our upcoming slot with Gamma Ray at Reggie's, which we're super excited about! We go first, so get there early!

Early, All Ages Show!
Thursday, February 3rd @ Reggie's Rock Club
2109 S. State, Chicago, IL 60605, 6:00 PM, $25
Advance tickets at http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3245685&pl=mp.
w/Gamma Ray, Mindwarp Chamber, Atomize, Act of Destruction

In other news, here's a video of me with Prog Rock icon Bill Bruford:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGV61jdyXc

Hope to see some of you folks out!
Jonathan

Woah Bill Bruford...LUCKY!!! Will definitely be there early to check you guys out. Got the album and listened to a few tracks but will have to listen more. Glad to see Mindwarp Chamber was added. I've never heard them before but I've heard good things. That Atomize band looks questionable from their myspace tracks.

I just dont like this many bands opening. With the 10 PM curfew are we going to get a cut short set from Gamma Ray? I know Reggies is usually on the ball with moving things along but I havent been to an all ages during the week show there yet. Has anyone?

I just dont like this many bands opening. With the 10 PM curfew are we going to get a cut short set from Gamma Ray? I know Reggies is usually on the ball with moving things along but I havent been to an all ages during the week show there yet. Has anyone?

Hopefully the openers will be short sets. Gamma Ray is not in the states that often. I hope it's not a 10 pm curfew.

Damn I just saw there is now another opening band Act of Destruction. Wtf. There better not be 10 pm curfew.

Acts of Destruction are terrible. I had to see them twice now. Really bad thrash with death metal overtones. The singer constantly name drops on stage. I know most clubs in the city have to be done at 10 PM on weekdays. This is what worries me. I know Metro and HOB both stop at 10 PM on the dot for all ages shows at 10. The Vic theater does to. I just dont want a 50 minute Gamma Ray set. Modern Wizardry...look for Jason and I at the show.

Acts of Destruction are terrible. I had to see them twice now. Really bad thrash with death metal overtones. The singer constantly name drops on stage. I know most clubs in the city have to be done at 10 PM on weekdays. This is what worries me. I know Metro and HOB both stop at 10 PM on the dot for all ages shows at 10. The Vic theater does to. I just dont want a 50 minute Gamma Ray set. Modern Wizardry...look for Jason and I at the show.

Yeah I was hoping for over an hour from Gamma Ray. I'll look for you guys though I do not know what you look like.

go to my facebook link below my postings and you can see Jason and I there.

I am hoping Gamma Ray is going to get more than an hour. I have waited years to see them play a headlining set.

awesome!

Yeah. I only saw them once so far on the Hellish Rock Tour at Prog Power 9. It was in the top 3 shows I've ever been to. They just took over the venue with authority when they got on stage.

Man I hope you guys get a full headlining set from Gamma Ray. I heard that this show wasn't going to have any opening bands. Weekday shows really suck.

No opening bands would be my dream show. I would be content with just Gamma Ray for 90 minutes and thats it. That is why I loved the Hellish Rock Tour....just Gamma Ray and Helloween. I am getting nervous that they are going to get shafted on time.

Man I hope you guys get a full headlining set from Gamma Ray. I heard that this show wasn't going to have any opening bands. Weekday shows really suck.

You ain't going homeboy?

The problem is that the guys who own / run Reggies, while really good guys, don't know about nor give a rat's ass about metal. They are deadheads turned pop punk fans. Metal makes money these days so they book it (Smart move on their part).

They have no clue that this is a fairly exclusive event and never worked to build a solid lineup around it.

Venues like Jaxx would have placed someone like Twisted Tower Dire on the bill to beef up the caliber. Sure Mindwarp Chamber are a good band too, but this is top of the line power metal. The gig has been booked for months. They could have even gone outside of locals and tried to get another touring band on the bill. They just don't look at metal shows that way.

No opening bands would be my dream show. I would be content with just Gamma Ray for 90 minutes and thats it. That is why I loved the Hellish Rock Tour....just Gamma Ray and Helloween. I am getting nervous that they are going to get shafted on time.

They gonna get shafted like a Milwaukee Metalfest band! :loco:

The problem is that the guys who own / run Reggies, while really good guys, don't know about nor give a rat's ass about metal. They are deadheads turned pop punk fans. Metal makes money these days so they book it (Smart move on their part).

They have no clue that this is a fairly exclusive event and never worked to build a solid lineup around it.

Um, it's an mpshows show. What do the owners of Reggie's have to do with the lineup?

If you lived wherever Twisted Tower Dire is from, you'd think of them as a crappy local band too and whine about them opening shows.

Neil