District 97 - Weird chick fronted prog rock

Um, it's an mpshows show. What do the owners of Reggie's have to do with the lineup?

If you lived wherever Twisted Tower Dire is from, you'd think of them as a crappy local band too and whine about them opening shows.

Neil

I was actually going to post to and let Jason know that it is an MPshows thing.

Are you going to this show Neil?

If you lived wherever Twisted Tower Dire is from, you'd think of them as a crappy local band too and whine about them opening shows.

Please tell me under what moon is this comment warranted?

Did I once hurt your feelings by saying I didn't care for a local band?

A crappy band is a crappy band.

TTD are NOT a crappy band.

There are plenty of Chicago bands who are not crappy.
There are plenty of Chicago bands who ARE crappy.

This phenomenon is by no means exclusive to Chicago.

Eh, regarding MPSHOWS, that may even be worse.
Case in point, when I was in a band 10 years ago, all it took to get on a Brian Peterson show was an email. Period.
Good for local bands, but not so good for the show-goers who ended up enduring 4 local bands hardly anyone knew.

yeah...getting a show through MPshows isnt a hard thing to do. Knowing Peterson for over 15 years and knowing bands who work close with him and stuff I have learned that he will pretty much book anyone.

This statement speaks for itself. :worship:

It's no different today from what I understand.
And it's even moreso evident seeing the bands which are added to shows.

I am not 100% vehemently anti-local bands.
Though lets be honest Jose, and take off your "scene" glasses for a moment.

Does it thrill you when going to a show to see 4 or 5 local bands added?

Please tell me under what moon is this comment warranted?

Given your impressive ability to invent things to complain about, combined with your propensity for wrongness, it simply seems impossible that you would ever find the grass on the other side of the fence to actually be greener.

Are you going to this show Neil?

I was totally planning on going, but after learning that there will be opening bands, are you kidding me? No way! Because for the life of me, I just can't figure out how I could arrive at a show a couple hours after the start time. It's like...show starts at 6, so I would get there at like 8:30...but no, that can't be right, that's too obvious and easy. There must be some trick that I don't understand, and I hate being tricked so I'm just not going to go.

Neil

I was totally planning on going, but after learning that there will be opening bands, are you kidding me? No way! Because for the life of me, I just can't figure out how I could arrive at a show a couple hours after the start time. It's like...show starts at 6, so I would get there at like 8:30...but no, that can't be right, that's too obvious and easy. There must be some trick that I don't understand, and I hate being tricked so I'm just not going to go.

Neil

given your saracasm I take it as a yes?

Neil

Wait...what's this "showing up at 8:30" business? You mean it's allowed? :guh:

Wait...what's this "showing up at 8:30" business? You mean it's allowed? :guh:

I think the whole debate isnt about having lots of local bands playing...it is that the chance that the headliner gets thier time slot messed with if things start running late. To be fair this is the band that everyone is there to see.

I think the whole debate isnt about having lots of local bands playing...it is that the chance that the headliner gets thier time slot messed with if things start running late. To be fair this is the band that everyone is there to see.

I thought the debate was to pick on Jason? :loco:

As I said yesterday, I hope I make it to the show but funds are low so we'll see.

I thought the debate was to pick on Jason? :loco:

As I said yesterday, I hope I make it to the show but funds are low so we'll see.

well picking on Jason is a given. I ordered my ticket last week so I will be there for sure. If you go look for Neil and I, we will be spinning tales are the bar next door up up front like two best buddies.

well picking on Jason is a given. I ordered my ticket last week so I will be there for sure. If you go look for Neil and I, we will be spinning tales are the bar next door up up front like two best buddies.

Haha, hmm maybe I can blackmail Neil into not giving away his location when I spot him.

@ Neil - Since when does having an opinion = wrongness? Just because you don't agree with it?

Furthermore Neil, if you are at Gamma Ray, don't be a wuss. At least come up and say hello. If this forum bullshit between us bothers you THAT much that you wouldn't have a drink with me in person, than you really need to get a life. Can't be any nicer about it than that. I'll even buy the first round, and ask Bob, I don't throw around the Benjamins that easily!

@ Jose - Not sure what your problem is lately. This is your usual once a year "I hate Jason" phase. I am sure your typical "Remove Jason from FB friends list" is coming next :)

@ Jose - Not sure what your problem is lately. This is your usual once a year "I hate Jason" phase. I am sure your typical "Remove Jason from FB friends list" is coming next :)

Last night after tearing my Jasonic posters from my bedroom walls and writing "Jasonic" on my notebook over and over and over again, I decided to start my yearly "I hate Jason" phase! You're soooo last semester.

*sigh* Seriously dude.

Last night after tearing my Jasonic posters from my bedroom walls and writing "Jasonic" on my notebook over and over and over again, I decided to start my yearly "I hate Jason" phase! You're soooo last semester.

*sigh* Seriously dude.

100% serious.
You seem to go in phases with your tolerance of me. :)

You didn't tear the poster I autographed for you though I hope!

Haha, hmm maybe I can blackmail Neil into not giving away his location when I spot him.

:lol:

@ Neil - Since when does having an opinion = wrongness?

137 words on how the background of the Reggie's owners is ruining this show is not opinion, it's wrongness.

Furthermore Neil, if you are at Gamma Ray, don't be a wuss. At least come up and say hello.

Again, I really don't understand what "being a wuss" would have to do with wanting to say hello? :err: Don't worry, there will be hundreds of other people there that I'm also not particularly interested in talking with, it's not just you! But at this point it's just more fun to see how much my playing hard-to-get bothers you guys, I wouldn't want to ruin that! :loco:

Back on the subject, if I *do* end up going to this show, I'm almost certainly going to miss District 97. That's ok since I've seen 'em a couple times already, but I'll be pissed if this is the show where Mr. Snuffleupagus, their phantom cellist, finally makes an appearance!

Neil

Don't worry, there will be hundreds of other people there that I'm also not particularly interested in talking with, it's not just you! But at this point it's just more fun to see how much my playing hard-to-get bothers you guys, I wouldn't want to ruin that! :loco:

The only thing that bothers me is why you wouldn't want to meet and chat with us in person. Honestly, meeting forum people at gigs has made going to many shows over the past 10 years or so a lot more enjoyable.

Fair enough if you have no interest in meeting us in person.
Your choice indeed.

As far as whether or not it was truly a Reggie's show or an MPSHOWS show, it's the same formula. Neither party unfortunately is passionate about metal. It's booked because it sells. Period. Unfortunately, it has resulted in some odd lineups.

This thread is getting very strange. Anywhoo, I will be there, but I'm unsure exactly when. Jason and Bob - when are you guys arriving?

Also, FYI to anyone else who is attending the Chicago or one of the other shows, I just received an email from Enterthevault that says due to the shows almost selling out, that they are axing all service fees to ensure sellouts.

This thread is getting very strange. Anywhoo, I will be there, but I'm unsure exactly when. Jason and Bob - when are you guys arriving?

Also, FYI to anyone else who is attending the Chicago or one of the other shows, I just received an email from Enterthevault that says due to the shows almost selling out, that they are axing all service fees to ensure sellouts.

I doubt they are selling well. If so they would not need to pack on so many openers. I think these types of emails are to scare people on the fence to get you to buy your tickets in advance.