Districts Pre-Production Demo Mix

foundations

Jul 6, 2010
this is a sample of our pre production stuff that i recorded myself. the drums have had to be programmed because of lack of room/equipment but will be recorded live for the cd. just wanting to know what everyone thinks of the production and hoping someone can help me achieve an even heavier guitar tone

Ther is no bass on these tracks yet and i AM NOT looking for critique on the songwriting itself

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool intro on the first track. A bass is HUGELY important, get one going behind those guitars, that's how you'll get a heavy tone. The drums sound a bit dry and lifeless, particularly the snare and OHs.

thanks man. you think with bass behind it il be happy with the guitar tone then?
iv invested in some new drum samples after this. they sound much bigger
thanks for the help

Nice guitar tone you got there :] Don't over do it, its time to lay down bass track :'>
Change the drum kit... this kit is everywhere nowadays :'(

thanks man.. im a bit shit at bass tones tbh... i only realy have pod farm atm and no budget to use anything else.. any1 got a patch or just some major help they can lend me... i tried doubling up the bass and adding distortion to 1 and eQ'ing in and out the mids on each bass track etc... it didnt come out as nice as i'd hoped :(

The intro guitars are way too heavily limited, give it that really unnatural Periphery sound.

thats the sound i was going for man... you recon i should get rid of some of the sustain then by turning the compressor down for that part?

thanks for th eheads up man.. can any1 link me to what sansamp stuff to look at? on a cheap budget. i realy no nothing about bass equipment atm :(