Disturbed -Vs- Disturbed?

Midd_Knight

> Genocide == purity;
As the amount of commercial bands grow, some of the older original bands die out, or people just seem to forget about them. 98% of people I talk to only know of one Disturbed band.

My question is this to every one, new and old metal fans. Did you know of the 1989 Band from Minneapolis called Disturbed? If so, what did you think of their music? Nothing special? Ground breaking?? Voice your opinion :)

Originally posted by Russell
They're signed to the root of all evil records now aren't they? Well, their early albums are being released through them anyway :)

And to answer your question I can hardly hide my indifference towards them! :D

It's earl roots band. the guy who runs root of all evil. niether band are all that special...

Yeah I knew about that 1989 band Disturbed not the nu-metal one. Sepultura was thanking them on their Arise album. There's also this old-school band called Incubus.

Yeah, I know Earl Root from the original Disturbed, and that was unfortunate that some nu metal band had to take it. My band was on Earl's radio show (he has a TRUE metal radio show on saturday nights aptly called "The Root Of All Evil") about a year and a half ago and we were talking about it...he was like "Well, it's little ole me versus their Sony lawyers. Guess who had to give up the fight and ditch the name?"

Unfortunate. Earl's a good guy. He's now in a couple bands - God Awful (their description: "Fucking Metal That Fucking Rocks"), and Aesma Daeva. Both played Milwaukee this year.

Check out www.therootofallevil.com for more on his shit. He has his radio show webcasted too, and they playlists are posted - you can see for yourself the kind of tunes he spins.

I am not familiar with the old Disturbed... but it is indeed tragic that their name is now being used by a shitty nu-metal band.

Originally posted by Vienyard
"Well, it's little ole me versus their Sony lawyers. Guess who had to give up the fight and ditch the name?"

That is indeed sad, I think the band names should come on a First-Come/First-Serve basis and other bands should respect it. But that's Commericalized bands/people for you, they only repsect the money and attention. Anyway, thank you for the update on them. It's something I'm looking forward to checking out.