DIVEBOMB RECORDS [Sargant Fury - Solitude - Dominance] (NEW REISSUES)

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
Hello all.

We have some new releases coming out in September/October and wanted to let you know. Click on the link for our latest newsletter. It's just easier to post it there than cutting and pasting all the images into this forum format. I promise it's not spam, but just an image hosted online you can read through.

Don't forget Andrew "Mac" McDonald was vocalist for THRESHOLD before recently departing and before that he fronted German hard rock act, SARGANT FURY whose discography we are reissuing and will have for sale at PPX. We also have available an exclusive SARGANT FURY t-shirt/box set package deal. You can pre-order now.

CLICK LINK FOR MORE DETAILS (Divebomb Records Newsletter)
http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1410009267

Who are they? Get me any information and i will check it out.

DOMINANCE and SOLITUDE are just two bands i used to go see when i was 16 and in high school. They were awesome thrash bands and i thought it was a crime for none of their stuff to be available now, especially with this new found love of thrash metal.

If you're looking for reissue suggestions, specifically thrash ones, I'd throw out the Swiss band Apocalypse (s/t, Faithless), the English band Deathwish (At the Edge of Damnation, Demon Preacher) and the Norwegian band Equinox (Auf Wiedersehen, The Way To Go, Xerox Success, Labyrinth). I've got the debuts of all three which are excellent and unfortunately, with maybe the exception of the Deathwish, all bootlegs. I've been watching eBay for others but they rarely show up and when they do they end up selling for a fortune. I think there's a guy with the Demon Preacher on BuyItNow at the moment asking like $80 for it. Faithless regularly goes for $30+ and frequently a lot higher. I hardly ever see Equinox albums show up. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to buying remastered, official reissues of the albums I have already even, especially if released as box sets.

Apocalypse: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1701
Deathwish: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=570
Equinox: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1165

Decided to ressurect this thread... Just picked up the Saragent Fury box.

Ho...ly....SHIT!!! How did these guys miss my radar!!!

This is some of the best melodic metal/hard rock I've heard in years, and even as old as these albums are, they still stand up and sound fantastic today. Any Threshold fan would be doing themselves a diservice in not picking these up, Mac is in fine form here.

Kudos to Matt for giving these albums a beautiful and graceful re-release here in the States for those of us schmucks who missed out on them back in the day.

thanks Dustin.

i am glad you dig SF as much as i do. yeah, that box set was a labor of love for me as it was in the making 2 years before i could even get it released. :) only a few tiny things i would change now, but overall they were a completely underrated band of that era. Mac's vocals are what always set them apart from the pack for me. much more ballsy approach like he has on everything he does.

Any word on TENSION? I know you were trying to track the members down.

My cassette of 'Breaking Point' has been trashed for many, many years now and am eagerly hoping for a reissue of some kind (Was the album ever released on disc?)

i totally found Tom of TENSION about a year ago now i think and i am sad to report he is waiting for some special label to come and give tour support money to a non-full time band. hahaha, we can all dream now can't we? hahaha. i tried, but this kind of stuff happens too much honestly.

i totally found Tom of TENSION about a year ago now i think and i am sad to report he is waiting for some special label to come and give tour support money to a non-full time band. hahaha, we can all dream now can't we? hahaha. i tried, but this kind of stuff happens too much honestly.

It is amazing how many bands are so disillusioned. For those who don't talk to these bands and do what we do I think they would be really surprised. It is sad really how some bands have these hang ups or say "I don't think it's the right time". Seriously like who is knocking down your door buddy? But what can you do just have to say oh well and good luck to them.
I particularly like the ones who think they were more than what they actually were.