Diviner - Fallen Empires

Some more detail here...
GREECE’S DIVINER PREMIER “KINGDOM COME”; AUDIO

"...Greek heavy metal band, Diviner, will release their debut album, Fallen Empires, on November 20th in Europe and North America on CD, LP and digital, via Ulterium Records. The vinyl edition of Fallen Empires is strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide...
...Fallen Empires is a very strong heavy metal album that keeps the legacy from the genre but at the same time sounds new and inspired. Perfect for fans of bands like Accept, Dio, Judas Priest and Iced Earth. Mastered by Peter In de Betou (Arch Enemy, Opeth, Amon Amarth)....
...Their sound influences cover a very wide range of metal paths having classic heavy origins and melodies, blended with modern crushing riffs, groovy rhythm sections, powerful vocals and an overall up to date approach...."

divineralbumsept.jpg

Pre-order at this location.

Diviner is:

Yiannis Papanikolaou (Rock ’N’ Roll Children, ex-Innerwish) - Vocals
Thimios Krikos (Innerwish) - Guitar
George Maroulees (4bitten) - Guitar
Herc Booze (SiXforNinE) - Bass
Fragiskos Samoilis (Innerwish) - Drums

Last edited by a moderator:
Power metal is a simple recipe; killer riffs, huge vocals, thunderous drums, anthemic melodies. Despite the fact that it's not a genre given to a high standard of deviation, the difference between bands I love and bands who bore me can often seem quite subtle. One band makes me reach for the skip button, while another makes me reach for the volume knob. Diviner fall into this latter category and their music definitely goes to 11.

To my ear Fallen Empires is a melting pot. It blends a modern production and approach, while it clearly takes its queues from the genre’s standard bearers. You need only spin this record once to recognize the members of Diviner own more than a handful of albums by Dio, Manowar and Maiden between them. Yet despite the fact they wear these influences on their sleeve, the songs never feel contrived or as if they’re simply following a well-worn path. Rather Diviner gets it. Rather than waste a single moment trying to reinvent the wheel, they choose to simply ride full speed ahead and deliver a record with ten excellent, neck-snapping tracks. While I wouldn’t quite put it on par with Dynazty’s Retanus, Fallen Empires has similarly hit me like a ton of bricks and will certainly find a spot in my Top 10 of 2015.

Side note… they seem to have a sound that’s tailor-made to lay waste to Atlanta. Take note gentlemen.

Power metal is a simple recipe; killer riffs, huge vocals, thunderous drums, anthemic melodies. Despite the fact that it's not a genre given to a high standard of deviation, the difference between bands I love and bands who bore me can often seem quite subtle. One band makes me reach for the skip button, while another makes me reach for the volume knob. Diviner fall into this latter category and their music definitely goes to 11.

To my ear Fallen Empires is a melting pot. It blends a modern production and approach, while it clearly takes its queues from the genre’s standard bearers. You need only spin this record once to recognize the members of Diviner own more than a handful of albums by Dio, Manowar and Maiden between them. Yet despite the fact they wear these influences on their sleeve, the songs never feel contrived or as if they’re simply following a well-worn path. Rather Diviner gets it. Rather than waste a single moment trying to reinvent the wheel, they choose to simply ride full speed ahead and deliver a record with ten excellent, neck-snapping tracks. While I wouldn’t quite put it on par with Dynazty’s Retanus, Fallen Empires has similarly hit me like a ton of bricks and will certainly find a spot in my Top 10 of 2015.

Side note… they seem to have a sound that’s tailor-made to lay waste to Atlanta. Take note gentlemen.

Yes, I think they'd fit very well at a future ProgPower. An excellent album and most likely the best newcomer of 2015 for me.

Diviner was easily Top 5 for me as well. And InnerWish is going to be Top 5 for me this year. Apparently Thimios Krikos is the fucking man. One of these bands needs to be on next year's line up.